Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Yankie Doodle ....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, they're back with a vengance ..

What is it ...

well the ice cream trucks of Great Britain ....

Our local one plays Yankie Doodle .....

What does your local ice cream truck play to tempt the kiddies?

Comments

• Options
    We dont have an ice cream van, we've got a chip van that toots his horn at 11 o'clock at night :grump:
  • Options
    In all honesty, I haven't seen any ice cream vans for about four years now. The last time I did, he wasn't playing any music, as there was already a massive queue of people waiting to be served warm ice cream from a miserable, money-grabbing old man in a re-painted van.
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    We dont have an ice cream van, we've got a chip van that toots his horn at 11 o'clock at night :grump:

Chip Van .. do tell .. what else do they sell?

At uni there was a guy that had an old old like 1950's ambulence and was selling Kebabs from it - god know how many people had died in that thing before he converted it . :D
  • Options
    And god knows how many people have died as a result of food poisoning. :yuck:
  • Options
    And god knows how many people have died as a result of food poisoning. :yuck:

Yeah but if you get poisoned they can whisk you off to hospial in the back .. :thumb:
  • Options
    I've never listened to what the actual song of the ice cream trucks are. I'm too busy running after them then crying when they drive away too quickly.

The ice cream truck drivers are always very scary though. They freak me out and I"m 20... I'd hate to see what it does to the children. Chester the Molester's dream job.
  • Options
    Chip Van .. do tell .. what else do they sell?
    Everything you get in a chippy, it's just a chippy on wheels.

There's still lots of ice cream vans go round where my Mum lives, I used to work on one when I was younger. It was great, apart from the time we got held up :nervous:
  • Options
    Glittery wrote:
    Everything you get in a chippy, it's just a chippy on wheels.

There's still lots of ice cream vans go round where my Mum lives, I used to work on one when I was younger. It was great, apart from the time we got held up :nervous:

When I was on holiday in India there was this young chap that had a wheel Barrow type thing and on it he had a burner and chinese ingredients and he could whip up the most amazing dishes in a few minutes whilst you waited..
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Greensleves I hear most often.

I wish they played Angel of Death.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    We have a chip van come round our way too, but no ice cream van.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I tell my little one that when the ice-cream man plays his music, it means there is no ice-cream left. Mwahah
  • Options
    candy wrote:
    I tell my little one that when the ice-cream man plays his music, it means there is no ice-cream left. Mwahah
    I got told that when I was wee too :(

Hiya Rach :wave: