Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Random piercing question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got my ear pierced a couple of weeks back, and it's healed up now, and I want to change it, but I can't get the bloody back off the little spike thing.

Any suggestions.

Also, I just made my ear bleed, with my nails, should I leave it in another week?

Comments

• Options
    go to the place you had it done and ask them to help remove it, or ask a friend to help you?
  • Options
    I had that problem. Get somebody else to remove the back, if you can. I always have such a difficult time removing earring backs. Especially the piercing ones that are indented right where the back sits :\

Otherwise, I've found using the pad of the thumb and just above the second knuckle on the index finger on the side gives you a good grip.

As me, personally, I would suggest leaving it in longer now that its started bleeding. But thats cuz everything I have gets infected :p

Oh, also, with the removing thing, twist the earring around in a circle a few times before. I've had it where there has been no movement of the earring and it like sticks to the skin, making it even more difficult to remove.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    When i first got my ears pierced, the back was on so tight, my mum had to get pliers on it :crazyeyes but if you have made it bleed, i would suggest leaving it until it gets better, and bathe it, so it keeps clean and minimises chance of infection. when thats better, try again, if no luck, go back to the piercer and ask them to try, they might have a special tool (because believe me, pliers arent fun lol!)
  • Options
    iirc, ear piercings don't heal in a couple of weeks. i only had my lobes done and was advised to leave the original jewellery in for 6 weeks.

i'd leave it, tbh.
  • Options
    When I said a couple, I meant 6.

I cleaned it thoroughly after it bled.

I'll have a friend have a go tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    ..Sounds like one of those horrible gun studs.. please tell me it wasn't.. :(
  • Options
    I got mine done last September with a needle and they put hoops in... seeing as I've had bad experiences with piercings so I still haven't took my hoops out side I got them pierced. Haha.