Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Frozen after login

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,
I have a Packard bell easy note laptop running xp. Today i logged on into my user account and it took aaages to load up, when it finally did nothing would open.. i tried my computer, my documents, control panel, aol.. pretty much anything with no joy. I double click and nothing happens, well occasionaly an egg timer appears but then turns back to a normal cursor.. Thing is, when i switched to my mums user account everything was fine.. So i'm guessing the problems on my account.. Though I can't think of anything i've done in the past few days that'd cause this, no new programme's installed etc.. anyone know what's wrong? and how to fix it? I've already tried system restore without much luck. Thanks alot in advance for any help!

Comments

• Options
    Well you could make another user account for yourself and just copy your files across, works for my things
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Well you could make another user account for yourself and just copy your files across, works for my things

:yes:

That sounds rather odd.
  • Options
    log in, bring up task manager, check the cpu usage, if anything hogging it, end its life. check mem usage too, anything witha number over 10,000 should be investigated.