Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Conviction Spent?

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
Around about this time 5 years ago I was convicted of Violent Dissorder. Now I think this conviction is spent after five years but the problem I have is that I can't remember the exact date I recieved it, and I've got a job interview coming up with Sky - a company who I know will check my record.

How do I go about finding out when my conviction is spent?
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you were represented at trial then your solicitor will probably still have details of when you were convicted.

Other than that, ring up the magistrates court and find out how to get a copy of your criminal record. The court will have a record of it.
  • Options
    i phoned up the police station i was taken to (but for something very minor) and they look on the records for me
  • Options
  • Options
    btw, they will only check your record if the position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. Jobs like working with children, vulnerable adults, positions where you could be bribed (traffic wardens for example), coming into contact with drugs, explosives, firearms or large amounts of cash.
    I doubt a job at Sky would be.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Thank you!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    btw, they will only check your record if the position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. Jobs like working with children, vulnerable adults, positions where you could be bribed (traffic wardens for example), coming into contact with drugs, explosives, firearms or large amounts of cash.
    I doubt a job at Sky would be.

thousands of companies are breaking this law and checking candidates for jobs not covered by the rehab of off offenders act - was in a newspaper yet there was no talk of doing something about it
  • Options
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:

having 1 done on me atm - working in a school does that :thumb: