Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Buskers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We get nutters like this in Nottingham :hyper:

Video of guy hammering nails up his nose

The finale to his act is to run and jump throw the hoop of knives and land back first in broken glass. As soon as everybody has realised hes not going to really hurt himself the crowd just sort of disperses.

What do you get in your town/city?

Comments

• Options
    A juggler with dreadlocks.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    We get nutters like this in Nottingham :hyper:

Video of guy hammering nails up his nose

The finale to his act is to run and jump throw the hoop of knives and land back first in broken glass. As soon as everybody has realised hes not going to really hurt himself the crowd just sort of disperses.

What do you get in your town/city?

I saw him the other week :D good laugh he was :D
  • Options
    We have a moving statue, proper musicians (I particularly like the xylophone trio) who sell their cds and the people that protest against animal testing outside the vodafone shop.
  • Options
    We had the greatest busker a few months back ... the xylophone man. Pure quality!! But he died recently ... big loss it was :(

He was a legend.
  • Options
    A guy that pretends to be a robot on Princes Street in Edinburgh. He even paints his skin silver. He's quite good.

Oh, and there's always the obligatory bagpipe player/s.

Another one I always notice, not so much a busker, but a girl who begs with a sign saying 'Pregnant, homeless & hungry'. By my reckoning she's been pregnant for about 3 years now.
  • Options
    I saw a guy selling flowers at a stop light.

Theres a guy that plays mission impossible and other theme tunes on a flute at the airport too.
  • Options
    We have an old guy with no teeth who plays a harmonica. :hyper: I say "plays" but he kinda just sucks and blows.

Bless his cottons.
  • Options
    Oxford has loads. To name a few:

Animal rights campaigners.

Try Cornmarket Street. There's one who's always drunk and seems to think he's the next Billy Bragg.

The 60p geezer! - this bloke who asks everyone he passes for 60p. WTF? Doesn't he know people have sussed him out yet?

On a reasonably sunny Saturday there'll usually be a troupe of some kind in the middle of there with a ring of people around. can be pretty decent!

Frei Zinger plays lovely flute music on Cornmarket

The Asian guy with a huge bushy mullet who sits outside GAP in the evenings playing his electric guitar. He can jam.

The 95 year old tap dancing man outside the Westgate shopping center The Best!!!!!!

The Great Douganso!, a brilliant street magician/mime artist.

The beggars and Big Issue sellers on nearly every corner

the man with green wig who tap dances to a synthesiser sample tune!

Kevin Francis - entertaining, in a depressing sort of way.

http://www.knowhere.co.uk/578_heroes.html
  • Options
    The 95 year old tap dancing man

I want to see that!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    The 95 year old tap dancing man

I want to see that!

He is a legend. He went missing for four days in Feb and it was in all the local papers. He wears a top hat and is really entertaining. Always buy him a tea if I walk past.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    He is a legend. He went missing for four days in Feb and it was in all the local papers. He wears a top hat and is really entertaining. Always buy him a tea if I walk past.

Oh no, what happened! Did he go on vacation? Hangnail on his dancing toes? Or is it still a mystery... oooo
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh no, what happened! Did he go on vacation? Hangnail on his dancing toes? Or is it still a mystery... oooo

http://archive.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/2006/2/9/91051.html
  • Options
    I was coming back from a club the other week and there was some guy playing songs by The Verve :hyper:
  • Options
    We have the bag lady... she wanders around town with a shopping trolley filled with black sacks of her belongings... is quite sad really.
  • Options
    stephan is a lovely guitar playing random sweedish guy or something who plays tunes on his guitar jumping about. Hes mad. And brilliant (but not at playing the guitar).