Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Advice please - Sorry!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I'm after a bit of advice sorry its the usual story!
Was out on Saturday night, got on well with a guy ended up taking him home and going to his - didn't go all the way but kissed etc etc (I left at 5.10am!), I put my number in his phone but not heard from him since 7am the same morning, I kinda fell asleep while texting back so replied saying sorry and I've not heard from him since, should I text him?
I thought we got on well and thought I would have heard from him by now as he seemed keen to see me again, he can't have been after one thing cos he never got it!
I'm sorry I have no confidence (in life) and especially in this (as had bad experiences with guys being treated like rubbish etc) and don't want to appear a stalker! but would love a bit of fun!!!!
Sorry my lack of confidence thing gone again!

Comments

• Options
    If youve replied to say sorry and not heard anything back... to txt him again would look desperate in my opinion...
  • Options
    don't blame yourself for him not texting you. its doesn't mean theres anything wrong with you, it just might mean that he doesn't want anything with anyone. also if he has a busy lifestyle then its very easy to forget about someone who you only knew them for a few hours.

it wouldn't hurt to send him one last text just saying hi and asking how his week is going. yes its nicer to be chased, but it doesn't mean your desperate for sending him a text! at least you can say you tried and move on if you don't hear back :)
  • Options
    I also advise not texting back - he will text you if he wants to. It hasn't been too long either. I wouldn't dwell upon it - could have been just a chance nice encounter but nothing more :)
  • Options
    im in the exact same situation!!! annoying isnt it?! :no:

met a lovely lad on saturday night, and he ended up coming to my house (party going on - not just him!). got to 7am (!!) and by that time everyone started to clear off but i offered for him to stay because he lived quite far away. didnt really do anything major - just kissed etc etc which was fine.
    next morning it was all friendly, got a kiss goodbye and his mobile number (et vice versa) but have not had contact since!!
    i reeeally liked him but i dont want to come off desperate and text him first . (when you think about it - that really is quite pathetic!)
    but i keep thinking that maybe it was just a little one night thing, and he doesnt really like me as much as i liked him. probably think im a bit of a stalker too!!

.... ill text my lad you if you text yours lol ;)
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:

met a lovely lad on saturday night, and he ended up coming to my house (party going on - not just him!). got to 7am (!!) and by that time everyone started to clear off but i offered for him to stay because he lived quite far away. didnt really do anything major - just kissed etc etc which was fine.
    next morning it was all friendly, got a kiss goodbye and his mobile number (et vice versa) but have not had contact since!!
    i reeeally liked him but i dont want to come off desperate and text him first . (when you think about it - that really is quite pathetic!)
    but i keep thinking that maybe it was just a little one night thing, and he doesnt really like me as much as i liked him. probably think im a bit of a stalker too!!

exact the same situation!
    I mean all night he was talking to me buying drinks, making little hints he liked me and we were getting on great (well I thought so) seemed a decent guy to be honest, did mention about meeting up this week but that was in a pub, and now when I think about it, when I left I never thought to say will I see you again but I did get a kiss bye and he kept sayin all night how he liked me and wasn't bothered how far we went as he wasn't after one thing. I mean I didn't have his number until he text so he obviously wanted me to have it
    I'm tempted to give him till Friday... what you think?!
    I'm utter crap with relationships
  • Options
    he can't have been after one thing cos he never got it!

ever thought that he was after just one thing, and he didnt get it?
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    ever thought that he was after just one thing, and he didnt get it?
    nah nah he wasn't like that at all - you can tell those type!
  • Options
    Wisecrack wrote:
    nah nah he wasn't like that at all - you can tell those type!

not all the time you cant
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    imi reeeally liked him but i dont want to come off desperate and text him first

that's ridiculous.

if he txt you would you think he was desperate?

what if he's thinking 'she might think i'm desperate if i txt her'. then you'll never get to speak to him!
  • Options
    I agree with Lucifer devil, just text him! If he doesn't text you back after that message then just leave it and take it that he isn't intrested. And don't feel embaressed about texting him!
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    not all the time you cant

:yes: :yes:
  • Options
    that's ridiculous.

if he txt you would you think he was desperate?

What if he's thinking 'she might think I’m desperate if I txt her'. Then you'll never get to speak to him!

Agree. See this is the problem with dating today. Women want men to take all the risks an will do nothing themselves (apart from moan about men not taking risks)

Just text the guy! If he doesn’t text back then you have your answer. Move on.
  • Options
    If he wasn't interested would he have given you his number to start with?
    I say just text him. Like others have said, if he doesn't reply then it wasn't meant to be and just leave it at that.
  • Options
    tp023 wrote:
    How many of you girls out there have made the initial approach before? Ever offered to buy a drink for a guy you don't know? If so how often do you do this?

ME!!!!!! I do it, and all the bloody time! So back off on the generalisations hun! I have only once ever been "chased" and trust me it sucks! I think I might be a bit too forwards sometimes though. :chin: I think it's difficult for either sex to read the other. :banghead:
    But if I get knocked back I just move on. Think I've hardened to it.

As for the situation in the topic, I would just send a general text "Hi, how are ya?" kinda thing and see what happens. If you get a response, great. If not, there are plenty others out there.....
  • Options
    Sharry21 wrote:
    ME!!!!!! I do it, and all the bloody time! So back off on the generalisations hun! I have only once ever been "chased" and trust me it sucks! I think I might be a bit too forwards sometimes though. :chin: I think it's difficult for either sex to read the other. :banghead:
    But if I get knocked back I just move on. Think I've hardened to it.

As for the situation in the topic, I would just send a general text "Hi, how are ya?" kinda thing and see what happens. If you get a response, great. If not, there are plenty others out there.....

yeh I think I will try and pluck up the courage to text him! just a general one cos in all honesty he was different from other guys if you know what I mean!
    I do offer to buy guys things drinks etc not strangers tho!
  • Options
    Yeah just go ahead and text him, if he doesnt text back this time at least you know and can move on instead of wondering.
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:

meant to say let me know what you do and what happens!
  • Options
    Well I text him, but I'd just got a new phone and ended up sending it as a mutimedia message rather than a text message so dunno if it went or not think it did, but I've not heard anything
    So the usual male senario stikes again - ..... all twats! (with some exceptions I know just to come across them yet!)
  • Options
    ok, maybe me saying that 'he'd think im desperate if i text first' was a bit of an overstatement.

i think its just that i dont want to get knocked back! i reeally like him so if i texted first and he either didnt reply or said he wasnt interested would be reeally awful. just nervous i guess.
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    ok, maybe me saying that 'he'd think im desperate if i text first' was a bit of an overstatement.

i think its just that i dont want to get knocked back! i reeally like him so if i texted first and he either didnt reply or said he wasnt interested would be reeally awful. just nervous i guess.

thats what i was worried about and then I send the message wrong! and don't wanna resend it properly cos that would look desperate especially if he got the first one, I'll leave it and never hear from him again, shame cos I liked him too, nevermind
    but you never know until you contact tho eh!
    good luck
  • Options
    tp023 wrote:
    How many of you girls out there have made the initial approach before? Ever offered to buy a drink for a guy you don't know? If so how often do you do this?

Me too!!

I asked my first and current (one and the same) boyfriend out :) Been together for nearly 11 months now
  • Options
    Well I plucked up the courage and text him yesterday just a hey hows you kinda message.
    I got a reply pretty quickly and I replied to that he was asking how I was etc, well that was yesterday afternoon and I've not heard since so least I know hes not interested just a bit pickled as to why hee replied in the first place?!
  • Options
    Maybe he is just really busy... if he replied quickly then it sounds as if he is interested?
  • Options
    talia wrote:
    Maybe he is just really busy... if he replied quickly then it sounds as if he is interested?

well thats what I thought I mean he replied within an hour, he did say he'd been busy with work and golf which will be true, he does travel with work and I've seen his golf clubs!
    But its just the fact hes not replied now, ARGH! Well I'm not texting him anymore he can run after me I have text so hopefully he realises I'm interested!
  • Options
    Wisecrack wrote:
    But its just the fact hes not replied now, ARGH! Well I'm not texting him anymore he can run after me I have text so hopefully he realises I'm interested!

:yes:

I do it all the time, I think it's probably just a case of sheer male ignorance.

Still moan when it gets done to me though ;)
  • Options
    In all honestly, it sounds like he's not interested and only reason he did reply eventually is cause he didn't want to come across as a complete twat by ignoring all your texts.

Only reason why I can say this, is cause I've done it myself.
    Move on to the next chick, not the end of the world :)
  • Options
    In all honestly, it sounds like he's not interested and only reason he did reply eventually is cause he didn't want to come across as a complete twat by ignoring all your texts.

Only reason why I can say this, is cause I've done it myself.
    Move on to the next chick, not the end of the world :)

yeh i've accepted that!
    Just hope it doesn't take 10 months for the next guy whos remotely interested in me to appear