Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I finally did it!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I finally told my best friend I was bi. And she was OK with it :D So we are still moving in together next year.... hurrah!

Now just to tell my dad.... :chin: meh not to worry.

Comments

• Options
    Thats cool. Shows she is a close friend! Although I dont see why it should worry anyone anyway!

Its all good though!
  • Options
    Well done :)
  • Options
    Keep the heart warming replies coming :D I need some tlc just now. :razz:
  • Options
    Jolly good show, talia. Keep the faith and all that. :thumb:
  • Options
    Good one chick, I remember you were stressed about it.

Be proud, keep smiling :thumb:
  • Options
    Great stuff! :)

You are who you are, never be ashamed of it. :)
  • Options
    i spose being bi doubles your chances of getting a date on a weekend aye?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    aah well done love :D
  • Options
    Nice one Talia :thumb: .

Regarding your parents finding out I've got a story about a friend of mine. She's one of my closest friends from childhood and is bisexual. She had mostly boyfriends growing up but since going to uni in Manchester has certainly opened her horizons. She ended up basically having her first girl on girl action last year after being out for a 'few' drinks with a female classmate. It was obviously a big step and she was a bit confused after it all. She had written out a card to me, inside telling me about what had happened etc and how her head was a bit fried about it all.

She was home in Ireland at the time but had forgotten/didn't get round to giving me the card. She went off to Manchester to uni and was there a few months before she returned home for Christmas. When she came home her usually untidy room was spotless, her mum had thoroughly tidied the whole place. And sitting perfectly on its own on her bedside table was the card she had written, meant for me.

They've never discussed it, but at the moment said girl is going through a straight faze and has a sort of boyfriend. I've never seen parents so happy and welcoming towards a daughter's boyfriend in my life.