Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

milton keyns & bedford

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
are they a bit shit?

I only ask because I may well be moving to cranfield after the summer... :)

Comments

• Options
    They are hardly the most desirable locations. But like any other town/city, they both have their good and bad areas.
  • Options
    I'm from Milton Keynes. I personally don't see what everyone complains about. PM me if you want to ask anything specific :)
  • Options
    I know that area a bit because my ex used to live around there.
  • Options
    cool, I was just wondering where the vague impressions of it not being great come from, not that I'll be in the city much... I may well have a few questions and stuff when I find out if I'll actually be moving up there or not in a few months :)
  • Options
    Im afraid to say Bedfordshire is a shit hole, Milton Keynes is an exception though is ok city and the night life is quite good.
  • Options
    :lol: good thing I'll only be nearby for a year if I go at all though :) could be fun to be near to a bigger city with good nightlife though :chin:
  • Options
    yeah, people say its good for shopping aswell if you like that sort of thing.

I would suggest to stay well clear of Luton though
  • Options
    thanks for the info :)
  • Options
    I used to cover the IR office in Milton Keynes - I quite liked the place! It's weird - all roads are square. Everything is at right angles :).
  • Options
    I used to cover the IR office in Milton Keynes - I quite liked the place! It's weird - all roads are square. Everything is at right angles :).

thats true, quite easy to get lost when you first go there, and i wouldn't recomend parking your car down the side roads either its impossible to ever find it again
  • Options
    euw bedford. oxygen is alright apparently. but generally bedford euw. i learnt to drive there so have some issues with it. the shops aren't bad the nightlife is alright nice big 'spoons, um there's the oasis leisure pool which is fun. um yeh. MK isn't all bad as long as you're not driving there:p bloody roundabouts
  • Options
    olaola wrote:

:lol: :yes:
  • Options
    Milton Keynes is alright, good shopping centre, lots of Green and some good clubs.
  • Options
    i like milton keynes, shoppings good, nightlifes kinda good, could do a lot worse.
  • Options
    I'm from Milton Keynes and I like it here. As people have said, the nightlife's good and it's got quite a lot for a big 'town' :yes:

People panic when they see the grid system roads, but they're really simple to use (if the yanks can work them, we can!) you just gotta get used to them.

The Centre:MK isn't bad - got some quite decent shops really.

Milton Keynes has it good parts and bad parts some areas are rough and some aren't. I guess you get that everywhere though.

The one thing I like about MK is that it's close enough to London to jump a train and be there in half an hour. An hour and a half away and you're in Brum. It's quite good really.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    cool, I was just wondering where the vague impressions of it not being great come from, not that I'll be in the city much... I may well have a few questions and stuff when I find out if I'll actually be moving up there or not in a few months :)

If you already have a life of your own then MK is fine and very convient..

i.e. if you're married with kids and they and work take up most of your time then it's a pretty good place to bring up a family, there's lakes, lots of shopping, etc

If you're a student or single, etc then it's pretty souless
  • Options
    olaola wrote:

If anyone went to the Luton Carnival last night you'd know why! :nervous: