Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Natural glow

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I cannot find the other thread to add to so sorry for making a new one. So anyways, I bought that lotion thats supposed to give you a "natrual glow" as it adds "a hint of self tanner" or something. It doesn't matter which brand as every one seemed to make their own version. I bought it in an attempt not to blind people at the gym. I never wear shorts so my legs resemble what somebodies head might look like after they've gone their entire life without hair then decided to shave it off. I practically glow in the dark.

Now I don't actually want alot of color, just a hint. But I only want it on my legs, so how well does the stuff actually work? Does it work too well, where I'll look like a goon naked with a line of where the stuff ends? Or does it work just well enough not to do that. I was planning on useing it like every other day. As I mositureze every day anyways, and using just my regular moisturizer in between. Opinions?

Comments

• Options
    heyo

It works pretty good. Use it every other day at first and stop when you get the right sort of colour you like. Tip: you should still exfoliate as you would with a fake tan because after a couple of days it gets kinda patchy!
  • Options
    Eh I dont like the sound of that. I guess I was hoping it would be more lotion with magic as opposed to self tanner :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Eh I dont like the sound of that. I guess I was hoping it would be more lotion with magic as opposed to self tanner :p

I'm very pale so these things are just like fake tan on me, I like it though especially for the summer. I still exfoilate and moisturise and wash my hands acrefully after. Dunno if you have 'dove' stuff over there but thats the best I think because its just a slight tint.
  • Options
    One more question before I dive in and actually open the bottle :p If I use it all over, will it get blotchy and funny on my arms where the hair is?
  • Options
    well i used one of those and just randomly slapped it on thinking it would give me a little bit of a glow but it went all patchy... so if i were id treat it as if it was a fake tan- exfoliate and moisturise.
    i dont think the hair on your arms will affect it, but make sure you try and apply it evenly and dont use too much!