Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Micheal Schumacher Cheats Again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Yet another example of him using underhand tactics! Remember him ramming people off the road in the past too?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    cheating bastard :(

at least he wont win this season......

i've got wait till the 3rd of june before i can get a tv to watch it so ive gotta avoid all results :D But where did button qualify? :s
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    cheating bastard :(

at least he wont win this season......

i've got wait till the 3rd of june before i can get a tv to watch it so ive gotta avoid all results :D But where did button qualify? :s

Button was 14th
  • Options
    I very much doubt he did cheat.

He must know that a pole isn't that much of an advantage over starting from second and that most of the GPs are won by clever team tactics and a super-slick pit stop team rather than grid position.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I very much doubt he did cheat.

He must know that a pole isn't that much of an advantage over starting from second and that most of the GPs are won by clever team tactics and a super-slick pit stop team rather than grid position.

Not at the Monoco GP, grid position is paramount.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote:
    Not at the Monoco GP, grid position is paramount.
    Oh yeah, I forgot it was Monoco. Okay then. Maybe he did. I didn't actually see it myself.

I don't like to admit that though because I am a Ferrari fan
  • Options
    Q: (Alberto Antonini - Autosprint) Michael did the engine stall before you had reverse engaged or after?

MS: The engine, actually, I need to check why the engine stalled because there was no reason why it should stall, but I think that we have some protection that after a certain time, if the engine is running like that, it switches off itself. I guess that is what happened.

Got that from the f1 site... completely avoids the question, it was blatently done on purpose :p
  • Options
    Schumacher's been taken off pole and put at the back of the grid now according to BBC sport. I think the back of the grid is a bit harsh, but i agree that he should have been penalised in some way for what he did -maybe moving him down to 10th as in the last place in the final qualifying round would have been fairer but oh well, it should add a bit more excitement to the race tomorrow with both ferraris starting at the back!
  • Options
    I've been a Ferrari fan ever since I first watched a race in '92.
    And my first impression was that he has done it on purpose. After all it's only a 40mph corner and any lock could be easily corrected. I think it's a bit of an embarrassment on Ferrari.
    However, the whole paddock has over reacted...
    The penalty is a bit hard, and what we will see happen from now on is that every time something like this happens, someone will call for blood.

If I was Jean Todt, I would get both of my cars into the pits after the first lap and retire them and make up that's something is wrong with them. There is no point in them running tomorrow because you cannot overtake from the back. F1 without a Ferrari is not F1. So I would do it as a sign of protest.

Fancy seeing Jacques being the most vocal in accusing Michael!! Contain yourself, man!!
    Something I found weird, the ruling says that during double waved yellows you have to completely lift off , but i didn't see anyone lift off there...

Well done Coulthard and Webber though, awesome effort!!
    I've never been a great Button fan either, and they say Monaco is a drivers circuit...14th...hehe
    Rubinho must be celebrating tonight!!

Also muse, I watched the press conference straight after and when Michael was asked that question by the english crew, he didn't dodge it he did give them an answer, saying he was gonna reverse but didn't do it in the end because he couldn't see if anyone was coming up behind him and after that the engine stalled...
    And also if you are an F1 fan, you would know that these engines are not designed to stay idle for long periods of time and eventually they do have a system that turns it off.

Not that I am defending him!!
    :)
  • Options
    yeah, he said he reversed because he couldn't see, i know that...

He didn't answer the question about the order because he knew it'd give stuff away (and he had no clue what to invent as an excuse :D).

The punishment is OK imo, if you're gonna cheat don't expect people to be leniant when you get caught.

In past years button has been great at monaco... he's definately one of the best drivers out there, if he was in a renault he'd be winning races.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/5023004.stm

Is the news story on the replacing. Fisichella was also put back a few places for hindering Coulthard. Wow, they're all at it ;)

None of that helps Button though, who just didn't cut it.
  • Options
    Schu in cheating incident shocker!

Maybe he is telling the truth. But I don't believe it. For starters because a driver of such calibre is very unlikely to fuck up by accident in such matter. And for seconds because he has a long history of cheating.

The guy is one of the all time great racers, but he's also a lying, cheating wanker.
  • Options
    IN, what, 17 years of pro racing, he made something like 6 mistakes or errors of judgement, I think that is pretty good going...

And please, name one long standing driver in F1 who hasn't transgressed a few times in their career!! Even Senna, who's one of my heroes has had a few "illegal" scraps with Prost for instance in their days.

People are always quick to judge.

PS how come no one is mentioning fisichella who so furiously moaned after jacques held him up a couple of races ago and he goes and does the same thing in monaco and only gets a 4 place drop...
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    IN, what, 17 years of pro racing, he made something like 6 mistakes or errors of judgement, I think that is pretty good going...

Is it?

And are they really 'mistakes' or 'errors of judgement'?

I think 'cheating' is a far more accurate description.

Schumi's shunts

F3 Macau grand prix 1990

While leading the second leg Schumacher made an opening for Mika Hakkinen at a corner on the final lap, then blocked as the Finn tried to pass. Hakkinen, who needed only to finish within three seconds of him in second place, lost his front wing and crashed into the barrier.

F1 Australian grand prix 1994

After Schumacher's mistake when he glanced off a trackside wall crippled his car in the last race of the season, Damon Hill tried to nip inside the race leader at the next right-hander. The German cut in and the collision, pictured, forced both drivers out. Schumacher escaped punishment and won his first world championship by a point from Hill.

F1 European grand prix 1997

Jacques Villeneuve needed to beat Schumacher to win the drivers' championship. When he tried to pass on the inside on lap 48, Schumacher turned in hard right but his Ferrari bounced off and was beached in a gravel trap. Villeneuve took third and the title. Schumacher lost second place in the championship.

F1 Monaco grand prix 2006

In qualifying Schumacher ran wide at the Rascasse hairpin and his car stalled when he tried to reverse away from the barrier. Stewards decided he had stopped the Ferrari on the track to prevent rivals from setting a faster time. He was stripped of pole and started from the pit lane.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/formulaone/comment/0,,1785214,00.html

And this doesn't even mention instances of suspected illegal car modifications- of which he would have been aware at the time.

The man's a scumbag- make no mistake.
  • Options
    Do you know him?

Did you watch the Macau race?

Did you watch the A1 race?

How can you say he is a scumbag based on a few mistakes in his driving career?
    You don't even know the guy and what makes a man is not just his work....

In 1990, he was 21 and wanted to prove himself so bad. He made an error of judgement by going into Mika (by the way, Schumi considers Mika his greatest ever rival and they have a lot of respect for each other, ask Mika if he thinks Schumi is a scumbag!!)

In 1994, yes he made an error of judgement and knocked hill out... Cheating, no that wasn't cheating, that was downright unsportsmanlike behaviour!!

In 1997, half hearted effort by all means...but unsportsmanlike again.

You forgot a couple of incidents....

2000, A1 ring, he spun the car during the first lap on the straight and was accused of trying to park the car in the middle of the track so the race would be stopped and restarted...never proven.

2001 He has a collision with Ralf at Nurburgring in the second corner... Ralf accuses him of trying to kill him... funny that one was.

As for suspected illegal car mods?? Please, man, you sound like a conspiracy theorist!!!
    Of course he would have been aware....
    Was anything ever proven?
    And also, make no mistake, ;), all the other teams will have sooner or later copied what ferrari was doing, like they've done this year with the rear wing?
    Hypocrits!!
  • Options
    Seeing as practically the entire sport including many former racers and champions are calling him a cheat, you appear to be the only person who insists on calling such acts "mistakes" or "errors of judgement".

I feel you're really going out of your way to justify the unjustifiable.

No one is arguing the man's driving abilities. He's one of the very greatest. But he's also a cheating lowlife. Even his brother has complained bitterly about his antics on the track.

As for car modifications, well there was the time when he won a race with Benetton achieving acceleration times and control that were deemed virtually impossible to achieve without the help of illegal traction control software. When the inspectors came nothing was found on the car so he got away with it.
  • Options
    Over exaggeration.

So far only Jackie Stewart and Keke Rosberg, out of the old champions have gone on record to condemn Michael.
    Entire Sport?
    The team bosses, sure, but only 2 went to complain to the stewards.
    Drivers, Jacques, Trulli, Montoya, they all got unresolved issues with him and they take a chance to swipe at him anytime they can.

There was a poll in Germany yesterday where 75% of the pollers thought the "sentence" was unjustified.

I might be the only one on this site calling them mistakes, but I ain't the only one in the world.

I don't intend to go out of my way to justify his acts, in fact, i i don't want to justify them, he's done wrong, but as you call it cheating, I call it a miscalculation!!
    I have got a right to my opinion, don't I?

And even if I accept that you can call him a cheater, how can you call him a scumbag or a lowlife??
    His brother will always complain as he is always in his shadow!!

Who was in charge when Michael won in benetton?
    Flavio...

Then why is he bitching now?
    Again, hypocrit?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    migpilot wrote:
    There was a poll in Germany yesterday where 75% of the pollers thought the "sentence" was unjustified.

And that wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he's German at all would it.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The Damon Hill incident was no "error" of Judgement. He purposefully knocked him off the road. He tried the same with Villenerve in 1997 but came off the worst end of it that time. Dirty cheating bastard.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    And that wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that he's German at all would it.... :rolleyes:

Of course not... :razz:
  • Options
    Schumacher is a cheating cunt, I don't know how anyone can sit there and try and claim that the most successful F1 racer of all time manages to make a mistake at 30mph, then gently slide into the barrier ON THE RACING LINE without putting a mark on his car. Make no mistake, Schumacher deliberately did that, knowing that pole is paramount at Monaco.

Schumacher, of course, should have been given a life ban in 1997 for deliberately forcing an opponent to crash. He should at the very least have been banned from the 1998 and 1999 championships. He should really have lost his 1994 title too, what with both his deliberate collision with Hill at Adelaide and his illegal car.

He is a very talented driver, but he is a cheat. Ask Frentzen, ask Villeneuve, ask Hakkinen and ask Hill. And when world champions of the calibre of Stewart and Rosberg are condemning him as a cheat, you sit up and listen. Six world champions have all come out and said that he is a cheat, do they all have an "agenda" against him?

And don't forget that Briatore knows him much better than most.

Cheats are lowlife scum, do you disagree with that?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Schumacher is a cheating cunt

Why do you have to use insults? Surely you can just call him a cheat.
    I don't know how anyone can sit there and try and claim that the most successful F1 racer of all time manages to make a mistake at 30mph, then gently slide into the barrier ON THE RACING LINE without putting a mark on his car.

Everyone makes mistakes which they later regret, it's what makes us human.
    I am entitled to my own opinion without having to be patronized, surely?
    Make no mistake, Schumacher deliberately did that, knowing that pole is paramount at Monaco.

As I said before, my first impression was that he has done it deliberately. However, I didn't get myself worked up and called him a cunt.
    Schumacher, of course, should have been given a life ban in 1997 for deliberately forcing an opponent to crash. He should at the very least have been banned from the 1998 and 1999 championships. He should really have lost his 1994 title too, what with both his deliberate collision with Hill at Adelaide and his illegal car.

All a matter of opinion, which you are absolutely entitled to.
    He is a very talented driver, but he is a cheat.

Does he always cheat, or did he "cheat" 4 times? And is it his fault that he wasn't punished for unsportsmanlike behaviour? Maybe you should be condemning the FIA and Mr Mosley...
    Ask Frentzen, ask Villeneuve, ask Hakkinen and ask Hill. And when world champions of the calibre of Stewart and Rosberg are condemning him as a cheat, you sit up and listen. Six world champions have all come out and said that he is a cheat, do they all have an "agenda" against him?

I never said that Stewart and Rosberg had an agenda against him, don't twist my words.
    Frentzen - Schumi snatched Corina, his wife from HH, he is bound to be angry for life
    Villeneuve - He is angry for obvious reasons
    Hakkinen - again, obvious reasons, if he is angry
    Hill - talk about a man who can't lose gracefully.
    And don't forget that Briatore knows him much better than most.

Willi Webber knows him better. Jean Todt knows him better. And you'll find that Briatore knows a few things about the art of deception.
    Cheats are lowlife scum, do you disagree with that?

Yes I do.
    Cheats are cheats, and they cheat for their own reasons.
    Everyone deserves a chance to repent their sins, no?
    Or are you or me the judge, jury and executioner?

:)
  • Options
    Has Schumacher ever "repented" his sins? No, he just keeps doing it, time and time again.

Yes, I do blame his little chum Ecclestone for not kicking Schumacher out of F1 for good, but then I think Ecclestone is a cheating corrupt cunt as well.

Schumacher is a proven cheat. I think that means Schumacher is a cunt. One of the nicest sights I've seen was him flying into that wall at Stowe.

Of course Briatore "knows a few things about the art of deception"- just ask Eddie Jordan.

Oh, and his illegal car isn't a "matter of opinion"- its a matter of fact. Even the pro-Schumacher FIA agreed on that one.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Has Schumacher ever "repented" his sins? No, he just keeps doing it, time and time again.

Yes, I do blame his little chum Ecclestone for not kicking Schumacher out of F1 for good, but then I think Ecclestone is a cheating corrupt cunt as well.

Schumacher is a proven cheat. I think that means Schumacher is a cunt. One of the nicest sights I've seen was him flying into that wall at Stowe.

Of course Briatore "knows a few things about the art of deception"- just ask Eddie Jordan.

Oh, and his illegal car isn't a "matter of opinion"- its a matter of fact. Even the pro-Schumacher FIA agreed on that one.

Look, I've been a Ferrari fan and Schumi fan for a long, long time and it hurts me the most as a fan when he does shit like that!! But I forgive him coz I like the way he races and I like the way Ferrari is so cloak and dagger and I like the way other drivers get pissed off with him and get into a strop, I find it funny.

Lets agree to disagree about the cheat thing and leave it at that.

As for illegal parts on cars, tell me other teams don't do the same things!
    And if it was a fact, why wasn't the team punished?

I am sick and tired of double standards as much as I am sick of tired of the times when teams are protected by a higher body eg Ecclestone (btw his daughter is fine!! ;))

(Going away from racing to make a point) In my opinion Rio Ferdinand should have been banned from the game forever for taking drugs for one and then not going to the test, yet he is gonna be in the world cup and the whole of england is gonna be chearing for him to do his best. But i am no authority and he is still playing. C'est la vie!
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    (Going away from racing to make a point) In my opinion Rio Ferdinand should have been banned from the game forever for taking drugs for one and then not going to the test, yet he is gonna be in the world cup and the whole of england is gonna be chearing for him to do his best. But i am no authority and he is still playing. C'est la vie!
    Rio Ferdinand is also a cheating scumbag and I think you'll find everyone who has called Schumacer it on these boards will also say the same thing.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    As for illegal parts on cars, tell me other teams don't do the same things!
    And if it was a fact, why wasn't the team punished?

Benetton were punished- Schumacher was disqualified from the Belgian GP in 1994 because of his illegal car. The pro-Schumi FIA didn't disqualify his team further though, which they should have done.

Schumacher was also allowed to get away with a measly two-race ban for his disgusting cheating at the 1994 British GP. He wasn't banned at all for his 1997 shenanigans.

ferdinand is a drugs cheat, and should have been banned for two years, like the doping authorities believe drugs cheats should. However the difference between Ferdinand and Schumacher is that Ferdinand didn't deliberately drive at another car at speeds of over 100mph in order to make the other car crash off the road.
  • Options
    So, now he is a homicidal maniac?

Have a look at the ITV's F1 website at the poll and see what people think.
    I've said all i had to say on this matter....
  • Options
    People who like Schumacher are always going to defend him no matter what he does. The rest either will say otherwise or just dont care.

Only 45% say he wasnt guilty in that poll. 55% therefore thought he was.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    So, now he is a homicidal maniac?

He quite clearly cares more about himself than the safety of his competitors, doesn't he?

Or do you think its safe to ram into the side of cars at 100mph?
  • Options
    Schumacher's a cheating cunt but I don't think everyone would say the same about Rio.

There's no evidence Ferdinand took drugs. In fact he got tested as soon as he was pulled up and was all clear.

He got banned for accidently missing the test. It was stupid. Just the numpties at the FA making an example of someone high profile.