Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Meeting regulary

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How often should people be meeting up 6 months in a relationship?

Me and my girlfriend only see each other twice a week because she does not have anymore 'spare time'. Is this normal? Is it unreasonable for people to expect theybg/gf to give up things to see each other? Don't you want to spend as much time together as you can?

Comments

• Options
    Depends how intertwined your lives are I guess, and how far away you live. How old are you, Jeff?
  • Options
    How much do you want to see your girlfriend, ideally? If she is busy then fair enough, I mean if you've known from day one that she is rather busy then I don't think you can expect her to drop everything. But at the same time, she should be making an effort to see you :yes:.

How often a couple see eachother depends very much on the couple and their lifestyle etc as well as how often they actually want to see eachother.

Personally, me and my boyfriend see eachother every day. Some people might think that it's a bit too much, but for us it suits as we like seeing eachother as much as possible.

If you want to see her more then ask her about it...?
  • Options
    My boyfriend and I are both in college and only see each other on weekends. (2 nights and 3 days) So weekend this varys depending on work and such but I wish we could be together all the time though I think it is a fair amount of time considering our lives at this point. That and for the 1st, 6 mths of our relationship we dated long distance and saw each other once every 2 mths so weekends are like a blessing to me
  • Options
    I only see my boyfriend Friday afternoon-sat morn. Maybe tuesday arvo-night, but not really. He lives maybe 30min drive away, but goes to uni in town (where i live). I want to see him more, but he's so busy with uni :(

We've been going out nearly 11months. As people say, it depends on the people and the situations, but my boy likes time to himself too
  • Options
    i only see my bf once a month for a weekend - as we live 200 miles apart.
  • Options
    My partner and I have been together five years and only live about a 10 minute drive from each other. The amount we see each other varies a lot, sometimes we might see each other four or five times a week, other times it may only be twice a week. But it does depend on your individual circumstances, you age, how close you live to one another, etc.
  • Options
    like everyone else said, it depends on your individual circumstances, how far away you live, your age, level of commitments each person has,....theres no 'normal' people just do what works for them
  • Options
    what's wrong with twice a week? i saw my ex 1-3 times a week and that was plenty for me. i have my own life to lead as does he.
  • Options
    twice a week sounds alot to me.

Although it would do to me, considering i only saw my last boyfriend maybe every other week or less.

I think i'd be happy with twice a week, though it depends on duration, if its just a hello and goodbye that wouldnt be enough :razz:
  • Options
    I dunno, I see my boyfriend pretty much every day, we probably live about 15mins from each other. Saying that I've been out with people I've only seen 3 times a week but I wouldn't want to see someone less than that.
    I totally lead my own life, and feel like I have my own space but I do think if you're in a relationship, then you should be wanting to spend as much time together as possible.
  • Options
    I see the guy I'm seeing once every couple of days. We both have work and stuff, and uni. And we both have days to ourselves, or with friends. So I'll see him one night, not the next, but the next kinda thing. If either of us have a few hours of nothingness to spare, then we'll spend that together if we can.