Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

period and pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I skipped my last break and started my next break on tuesday. But for about 5 days before i'd been getting the usual dark brown thick discarge....which i usually get for a day before i start bleeding. I guess that was down to my period getting impatient and wanting to make an appearance. Anyway, since i've had my break my period has mainly consisted of this brown discharge...there is some blood there, but i'm not bleeding like normal. I'm guessing this is down to skipping the break. I went back for my check up (after being on it 3 months) the last day i took my pill, and got the all clear. I was wondering if i should go back and mention it, or wait and have another normal packet and see if i have a normal period?
btw: i'm not pregnant because the last time i had sex (5th may) we used condoms and they were fine

Comments

• Options
    Personally i would wait and see if your period is back to normal next time round....and not stress about it
  • Options
    H-face wrote:
    Personally i would wait and see if your period is back to normal next time round....and not stress about it
    :yes:

Unless the discharge changes to become painful, itchy or offensive.
  • Options
    not for everyone obviously but the pill can make a lot of people have a discharge like this all month round so I wouldn't worry
  • Options
    Not sure if I've understood your post right or not, it it sounds to me like when I have my period... I get sort of brown discharge which then just turns into brown/v. dark blood... it's just cos it's been waiting in there for a while to get out.
    Anyway yeah, if you're bothered I'd leave it to see what your next period is like and go back to see your doc if things are still not as they usually are. :)
  • Options
    hormones in your birth conrtol could have stopped the lining of your cervex from growing that month meaning that brown discharge would have been your period and you would be fine. If it happens and u worry about it then you can get birth control bills with a different level of homorone that will allow the lining of your cervix to grow