Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Post of the week

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has it gone too far? I really do like the idea of post of the week, but it seems to have gotten out of control, really since the day it started. In my opinion, post of the week can be funny or serious, insightful and helpful or not. But it seems to be wasted. A thread doesn't go by where at least two of the comments are "lol oh my god thats totally post of the week" It demeans the whole thing. Sure, there are always an abundence of ":lol:" or :yeees: posts that have absoutly nothing to contribute but even those seem more important and less retarded than telling somebody they should be it. It saddens me. I believe post of the week can have great potential, but I believe the phrase and the thought of it has been abused. Hell, nearly every single post that gets gets that response never even gets nominated in the end. Its a travisty.

Comments

• Options
    I know what you mean.

Since it's started I've noticed people trying too hard, and half the time they arent even particulary funny/good.
  • Options
    :yes: And the posts from the beginning of the week never get nominated.
  • Options
    I feel like I have to defend myself here :(

I never post something thinking "hoy yeah, that's post of the week sown up". 99% of my posts are their to entertain me. If someone else thinks they're funny or whatever then fabulous. But it really doesn't matter.

I don't think I've started trying to hard because I've always posted like this. I do think that most of the stuff that actually gets nominated is dreadful but whenever I've nominate, someone comes along and says "I'm not voting, they're all shite". Bollocks to that.
  • Options
    Well firstly, of the 30 or so threads currently on the front page of Anything Goes I can only see two that mention post of the week, one's the nomination thread and one is a reply to a single post that someone found funny.

And to be honest if your arguement is that it's demeaned because too many people say something should be post of the week, but then don't nominate them - it's because it isn't demeaned, but rather people think back and don't find something as funny in hindsight.

Post of the week is also rarely mentioned in any other section than ANything Goes - but then this is the are where people post the most humorous comment so it will come up more often.

I'd be highly reluctant to take away user's chance to vote on the idea and go back to us picking them because people don't remember something from early on or because people have lost you two seconds of your life by posting that they found something funny.

I reckon you should relax... you'll win it at some point ;)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    my_name wrote:
    I believe post of the week can have great potential, but I believe the phrase and the thought of it has been abused. Hell, nearly every single post that gets gets that response never even gets nominated in the end. Its a travisty.

my_name have you got sand in your...
  • Options
    I agree my_name, the whole thing has gone drastically down hill since the week after I won.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    :lol::lol: lol omgz now that shud lyk totally b post of th week!!!11!1 :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    :lol::lol: lol omgz now that shud lyk totally b post of th week!!!11!1 :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:
    Can I hit you with a large blunt object please? :(
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:

Sandbox?

Close, I had a little (alot says the upset stomache) vodka in my system :p
    And I was bored, cuz some people go to bed early... even though they took today off work :grump: :p I really should unhook my computer at night.
This discussion has been closed.