Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should i save up and buy this at some point

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
http://ebuyer.com/UK/product/106578/rb/19330252586

I currently have a geforce fx 5700LE with 256mb of ram in it

now thing is, i want to be able to play the lost coast level of half life, and the new episode one, when it gets released

now i know the graphics card i have is quite ample for the time being, do you think though that i should consider getting the one in the link i posted, not a bad price, though i know i can get cheaper
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends. Do you have PCI-E motherboard?

Personally, I'd go for more upmarket. Something like this - 7950
  • Options
    i played halflife 2 through on an onboard intel card :D I think you're set!
  • Options
    I think the price for the 7950 is 1.0 souls. I already sold mine for my old graphics card, lousy geforce2MX, darn me to hell!
  • Options
    I think the price for the 7950 is 1.0 souls. I already sold mine for my old graphics card, lousy geforce2MX, darn me to hell!

It's a decents card, I have the last generation 6600GT from XFX and it'll play all the latest games at a nice framerate and good quality settings, especially once overclocked and used with some tweaked drivers. Been playing the latest 'Hitman' at nearly full spec.
  • Options
    no dont buy it, spend the money on beer and chicks, better for ya in the long run
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    no dont buy it, spend the money on beer and chicks, better for ya in the long run

dont need the money for the beer, i work in a nightclub
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    First thing I thought of
    pvp_aleandwhores.jpg