Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

prefering one nighters?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently having added the lush brother of my friend to my number, I began thinking about my attitude towards sex. If I'm honest I've only ever had sex with one proper boyfriend, the rest have all been one night things/fuck buddies with friends I've known for years. After the session on saturday though I'm wondering if this is normal because I had liked her brother for aaages and although I can handle the fact that it was a nice way to round off the evening for us both, I'm finding it hard to swallow that he's not wondered "what if?"

That probably makes no sense. I'll try and explain the way I see things, a lot of my friends sleep around, fair enough. A fair few only see sex as something which should be kept in a relationship, but I'm...in between.

I've never slept with a stranger for a one night stand and never would, but should I maybe rethink the way I view sex or is this perfectly healthy? I don't dig the whole "making love" even when I was with my b/f of 2 and a half years. I much prefer the rough stuff. (and now I sound like a big dirty pervert lol)

I guess I'm happy enough, it's just when I have strong lovey dovey feelings for someone the feelings are never reciprocated to the same degree.

For anyone whos finished this, thanks for reading! I'd like any opinions :)

Comments

• Options
    Sounds to me like you enjoy a bit a casual sex, but you would prefer a relationship with someone you feel strongly about. As for your sexual tastes, I don't think being in a relationship rules out rough/kinky sex. You just need to get a guy who likes the same things and hold onto him. See, simple. If only everyone knew.
  • Options
    Whatever floats your boat... i think people go through phases of when they want sex.. or the whole sex+relationship thing... being able to recognise which one you're after is just being true to yourself. Theres no point being in a relationship if its not what you want. Nothing wrong with sex-buddy type relationships, as long as both people know where they stand :)
  • Options
    Are these all one night stands, or are there prolonged stints in which you're doing the deed with the same person and then eventually moving on?

Either way, I'd tend to think this could get emotionally overwhelming after a while. Otherwise, all that's on the line is your health and your reputation. So long as that's in order, of course, you're free to be whoever and do whatever you please.
  • Options
    prolonged stints. And I'm a safe lady.
  • Options
    Just sounds like you like a bit of fun to be honest.

You say that you prefer the rough stuff. You can still have rough sex though whilst in a relationship. I'm like you and prefer rough sex compared to the slow romantic stuff. Being in a relationship doesn't rule it out.

You are young. There isn't a written rule saying that you cannot have one night stands and fuck buddies. If a relationship isn't what you want and both you and the guy you are sleeping with know it is no-strings-attached-sex where is the harm?
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'm taking saturday night wores than I thought because I genuinely like him. From now on I'm not doing this with someone I "like like" because it fucking hurts and it's frustrating that I'm gonna see him when I go to her house! :banghead:

Well, I'll know next time! Keep the replies comin ladies and gents :heart:
  • Options
    If you're comfortable with it, then there's not necessarily a reason for an attitude adjustment. You'll probably have one gradually as you grow a bit older and perhaps feel a need to settle down and find something stable.

I will tell you, even as a male expected to partake in similar -- in fact, even more promiscuous -- behavior, that it's not as easy to separate emotional attachment from sex as people like to let on. That's where I would see it taking a toll.
  • Options
    From now on I'm not doing this with someone I "like like" because it fucking hurts and it's frustrating that I'm gonna see him when I go to her house!

Its not good to have random sex with someone you like/have feelings for. It just gets messy because you get emotionally involved.
  • Options
    we all need our buttons pressing some way or another!

and if you're not in a relationship then it's more likely than not for you to get your buttons pressed via a casual fling.

not a problem as long as you're careful!

relationship sex is great, but so is no strings attatched sex.
  • Options
    just do what makes you happy whether in a relationship or not. happiness comes first!
  • Options
    Sex in a proper relationship is the best by far, few people can deny that.

Im currently at a stage in my life where I really dont want a relationship. Im busy with career stuff, hobbies etc and to be honest really enjoy my own space inbetween all the busy stuff. Im too honest to have a relationship then make excuses to someone when im not in the mood to meet up so im happier single than treating someone like $h1t and feeling guilty about it.

With all that in mind im still a bloke with urges and the desire to have sex dont go away just as im single through choice. I dont have sex anything like as often as when in a relationship but am happy to take no strings action when I can get it without feeling any guilt. If both people are consenting wheres the harm in that.

When im ready for a relationship and/or I happen to meet someone really special then all will be good and I will commit 100%.

Thats my situation atm.
  • Options
    Personally I think sex is better in relationships. But I really don't see anything wrong with having a bit of (rough, kinky) fun while you're still waiting for the right person to come along.
  • Options
    "I'm finding it hard to swallow"

LOL!!
  • Options
    Personally I think sex is better in relationships. But I really don't see anything wrong with having a bit of (rough, kinky) fun while you're still waiting for the right person to come along.
    yes exactly

me too!

anyone wanna have fun! lol
  • Options
    da da da *symbol clash*
    :p
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Sounds to me like you enjoy a bit a casual sex, but you would prefer a relationship with someone you feel strongly about. As for your sexual tastes, I don't think being in a relationship rules out rough/kinky sex.

:yes: agreed.

It probably felt really good to get it on with your friends brother, a real high, but sounds like it was a bit of a comedown when it didn't then turn into a blossoming romance. Obviously we can't say for sure whether or not he has deeper feelings for you, but it might be that you just have to put it down to experience - enjoy the memory and try to think positively about your future relationships. There's a good article about sex in different kinds of relationships here. Hope you find it useful ;)