Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How Nice is This

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How nice is it what this man has done

Click Here

Comments

• Options
    Fucking hell, that's nice indeed...
  • Options
    It is pretty nice of him, though when you're that age money isn't really that much a big thing.

It does beg the question, if he didn't want money, then why do the lotto in the first place?
  • Options
    Top bloke. I'd give most - not all - of my winnings away. I don't need much to be happy :).
  • Options
    He looks like a leprachaun :p

What a very nice man indeed though.. Not many people like him out there.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    It does beg the question, if he didn't want money, then why do the lotto in the first place?

Same reason I do - the odd tenner makes for a nice few pints down the pub. £100 would let me do something out of the ordinary - go away for a weekend, or buy a tent and go camping, something like that. A few grand would let me play with a couple of other motorbikes - any more than that and I wouldn't know what to do with it.

Not everyone wants millions and millions. He's better off giving it away and being happy, then keeping it and feeling miserable.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    aaah how adorable! bless his little heart, but im thinking that the 14 year old may in a few years learn to despise the £8.50 rabbit, as she cannot drive him, or live in him! :p
  • Options
    Maybe he played with the intention of giving away the money. Wanted to win so he could help out the charities.
  • Options
    well i think the granddaughte will be the happiest sod the £80000 car,
    "a pet rabbit for his great-granddaughter."
    R
  • Options
    I read this the other day, really lovely i thought
  • Options
    Well to be honest when I saw this story a few days ago I though "why is this even news?". Yeah, he's given money away - to his family. He's bought a massive house for them (that he'll be living in) and whatever else they wanted. Where's the news in that? I think most old folk (and most folk winning the lottery) would look after their families and donate to charity.
  • Options
    slow news week?

though it does make a change, not having to put up with another we hate the government, or any kindof depressing news story once in a while
  • Options
    what a nice old man. though money does not create happiness. :)
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Well to be honest when I saw this story a few days ago I though "why is this even news?". Yeah, he's given money away - to his family. He's bought a massive house for them (that he'll be living in) and whatever else they wanted. Where's the news in that? I think most old folk (and most folk winning the lottery) would look after their families and donate to charity.

because he hasn't spent any on himself and has given most of his money away to charities.

not many people who win the lottery would do that.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    otter wrote:

Oh, it can.

Just not for him. Nice chap, how very kind, and selfless. Well, he's secured his place in heaven I guess.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    because he hasn't spent any on himself and has given most of his money away to charities.

not many people who win the lottery would do that.
    :yes:

I hope I'd do the same if I ever won.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    :yes:

I hope I'd do the same if I ever won.
    Nah, you'd blow it all on coke.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    no, but it does open up a lot of opportunities to go do what makes you happy.