Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am i out of order?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay so 3 months ago i split up with my ex gf, we'd been together a year an a half. She'd left school after gcses and has been working since, and was happy with that untill we split up, now shes applying to do the foundation Art course i did last year, and is even talking about applying to do the same uni course as me after that. She never had an interest in art before we split up, part of me just feels weird about it, a bit angry too. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    why does it bother you? if she's your ex?
  • Options
    I dunno, it just feels like she's following me around, I feel like a right childish twat for saying that but it does :confused:
  • Options
    I don't think she'd go as far to bother you by following you around- uni choices are a serious decision, and a personal one too. Maybe she's just realised that when she was you she felt she couldn't express her interest in art in case you thought she was copying you?

I dont know, hard to speculate :chin:
  • Options
    Yeah choosing uni is like one of the most important decisions, but shes already saying that she'll go to THIS one even though she hasnt seen it. ah i dunno
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    It a year away any how, cos she's got to do a foundation first. But the uni i go to is a fair bit away from where she lives so i dont think its that. Anyway thanks
  • Options
    The decision to go to your uni might be exactly because you went there. As she hasn't been in education for a while she won't have had exposure to the vast choice and you having been there will have highlighted it's existance for her as well as the "better the devil you know" factor. I would still be narked, but hey- uni is big enough to avoid people you don't want to see and, like you say, she's still got to do her foundation year first etc.
  • Options
    even if she does apply to the same uni as you, unless she's on exactly the same course, it's very easy to avoid people at uni... I'm sure it'll work out ok, and if she is following you around, she'll get over it eventually :)
  • Options
    i think you need to get over your terratorality. there is no point bothing about it. i'd say especially so if she is your ex. i mean, there will be hundreds of new students starting your uni in sept. you don't have to have anything to do with her if you don;t want to.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    i think you need to get over your terratorality.

Yeah your right, i think thats what it is