Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Another one on scar removal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Within the last month I've been to two different cosemtic surgeons for consultations on scar removal. They both gave the same estimate. They both came out with about the same estimate. It would be a few different session resuling in about 4k. (2,100 pounds) The internet told me it would be about 2k at the most, but I guess they didn't know how much I'd be asking for. Thats alot for me. The insurance will not cover any of it for me. Even though I can provide proof that it is something that was a cause of my mental health state and I can prove that I have been working on it for a number of years now, though I can prove that it effects my wellbeing and that I am mostly beyond it, they will not help me out one bit. I need a car, I have school to pay for, I need a life. This would be under my "spending money." To get about 4k would take about 4 years. I don't surpress myself from buying things I need/want, things from make up/hair color to socks. So it would be quite a while till I get that kind of money and I would never ever use Eds money to buy it, even though he's the one who made me self concious about it. Well, pretty much he would never help me in getting this "cosmetic" surgery.

Most of the scars are at least a year old. Though I have very sensitive and fair skin and you can still see the ones made from 6 years ago. Ever since I've stared what caused these scars, as soon as they happened I've doused them in antibactiaral cream, vitimen E and various other things to help heal and reduce scars.

I know on here I've suggested a cream called Mederma severaly times. I've been at the store and the main reason I, personally, hav never tried it is because they tell you to use it 3-4 times a day for 3-6 months. I never wanted to wait that long. Plus its $15 (8 pounds) for 0.7 ounces. I have an entire forearm, front and back to cover. The thing would be gone within a week. I've asked 3 doctors and several pharmicists and thats the thing they've recomended.

I've been using the vitimen E, which seems to be the only thing that this place suggests to use for 6 years now, not a fucking thing has changed. I have 6 year old scars still red. I don't know what else to do. I can't afford surgery. I used to think I could until I found out insurance wouldn't cover it and its twice as expensive as I thought it would be. It's really effecting my life. Whenever I get even mildly upset Im not allowed to be alone as, even though the man knows I don't do it anymore, its the only thing he thinks I do because thats all he sees. He won't learn one fucking thing about it, as I wrote in the thread one time but nobody seemed to care or even read it. Its all other people see. Its hot as hell sometimes, but I've learned to wear long sleeved shirts and jackets because its all random people look at. I've learned. I'm desperate for anything to help me.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you could try dermablend - which is a concealment creme, although its quite expensive.
    other than that i guess you could always get a 'cover up' tattoo to cover your forearm - although i seem to remember once being told that your scars do need to fade (so not be red anymore) before that could be an option.
    ~ although neither of those options results in the physical removal of your scars.
    but, if ever you find a cheap way of physically removing them - TELL ME!! - i could do with the same thing. :)