Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Burns

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Specifically made by curling irons. Possibly on the forehead. Any suggestions of what to put on them to prevent ickyness? Victim has sensitive skin.

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    rachie004 wrote:
    cold water, ice but not directly in contact - like you'd have to wrap the ice in a tea towel and then put it to the burn, cool gel (can be found in first aid kits etc)

:yes:

But it also depends on how bad it is. If it has broken skin and is quite large then you need to see a doc. If you just hit it and it is blistering/about to blister then get some ice cubes, wrap it in a tea towel and apply to your head. Leave it there for as long as possible.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    aloe vera innit.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ice wrapped in towel like already has been mentioned. Don't put a plaster or anything like that on it either.
  • Options
    savlon cream is good also Virgin Vie Guardian Angel if you have some thats what I've used before when I've burnt myself with my straighteners
  • Options
    Wisecrack wrote:
    savlon cream is good also Virgin Vie Guardian Angel if you have some thats what I've used before when I've burnt myself with my straighteners

But you're not meant to put cream on burns, are you? :confused:

And depending on how bad it is, you can just leave it and it'll be ok. (Which is what I did when I poured some hot water over my thumb...)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    rachie004 wrote:
    seeing as it had been made by curling tongs I didn't think it would be all that bad :p

It depends how bad her reaction timing is.

If it was me, I would probably have burnt myself quite bad as I have poor reactions. It would take a couple of seconds before I would do anything :|
  • Options
    Oh you guys are the greatest, thanks :) Ice worked great. Took the owie away, though I'm still red, guess I'll stay in for a bit :p
    :heart:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    But you're not meant to put cream on burns, are you? :confused:

And depending on how bad it is, you can just leave it and it'll be ok. (Which is what I did when I poured some hot water over my thumb...)

oops well it worked on mine but mine hadn't blistered