Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm being ignored now

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, thanx to everyone who helped me when I posted a lil while ago about a guy I was 'seeing' and didn't fancy.

Right...so update, I told him I wanted to be friends, we were friends before we started sleeping together so i thought we could go back to friendship, he seemed a bit upset because as far as he was concerned it was the "start of a meaningful realtionship."

So now he doesn't pick up his phone to me and won't answer my texts, if he does its like two/three word answers if that. I've seen him in person once since and he was ok but had a bit of a go at me.

Now I just feel a bit lost because I really thought we'd be able to go back to how we were before, he used to be really fun to be around.

My other friends who now him too say he's just trying to cut ties so he can over me (but there wasn't really anything to get over in the first place...well at least not from my point of you). I want him to be happy and everything but I miss our friendship.

Should I just leave him alone now? I'm sure to bump into him around town and we have mutual friends, how is that going to work?

Just wondered if anyone had been in a similar situation and what they did.

Comments

• Options
    i think youre asking too much if you think you can just go back to being friends straight away. If you were friends before, but didnt fancy him, then why on earth did you sleep with him. Anyone could have told you that would ruin the friendship.
  • Options
    Don't sleep with your friends. It'll never be the same again. Give him some space and maybe things will improve.
  • Options
    I know it was probably the biggest mistake I've ever made...I thought i'd fancy him more if i slept with him :no:

I have learned my lesson about this, and it has ruined the friendship completely.
  • Options
    Just give him some time, maybe you'll be able to go back to being friends but probably not like it was before you slept together
  • Options
    Should I just leave him alone now?

:yes:
    I'm sure to bump into him around town and we have mutual friends, how is that going to work?

be pleasant. say hi. ask what he's been up to, or what he's doing at the weekend. then leave him to it. you can be friendly, you just can't be friends. not while he's still pining after you.