Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oooh my tummy hurts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It does hurt quite bad :(. Been stressed which has made it worse. But I go from diahroehea to constipation, along with feeling sick, hot flushes, bouts of dizziness, lots of loss of appetite, I ALWAYS feel dehydrated, its utterly horrible.

Someone fix me :( I dont know what to do. Taking some kalmes for the stress :thumb: I feel like I'm gonna throw up any minute :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Bless you, hugs!

Its important to keep yourself hydrated but since you're feeling sick just sip the water.

Its probably a good idea to take some paracetamol to bring your temperature down. I would suggects going to the docs if you dont feel any better tomorrow.
  • Options
    When did it start?
  • Options
    is there a docs on saturday?

:( got work tomorrow 8.30 - 5.30. Poop.

Got a maths exam on monday at 9.00

Somehow things havent been going that well for me recently. BUT yesterday I saw a rainbow. :) Really made a huge impact on me.
  • Options
    is there a docs on saturday?

:( got work tomorrow 8.30 - 5.30. Poop.

Got a maths exam on monday at 9.00

Somehow things havent been going that well for me recently. BUT yesterday I saw a rainbow. :) Really made a huge impact on me.

If you are in lots of pain and are really worried you can call a doctor out at any time. Might be a good plan to phone NHS direct too. Do you think its psychological if you have been feeling a bit crappy? Could it be linked to stress do you think? Have you been eating properly?
  • Options
    If you are in lots of pain and are really worried you can call a doctor out at any time. Might be a good plan to phone NHS direct too. Do you think its psychological if you have been feeling a bit crappy? Could it be linked to stress do you think? Have you been eating properly?

My tummy always feel crappy when I'm stressed. Like, abdominal pains and stuff. And I am especially stressed. But I've got the symptoms of a full on tummy bug too. So maybe its a double whammy? I might phone NHS direct... :chin: and I've been eating ok... really lose my appaetite sometimes though cos I think I'm going to throw up. But then sometimes I dont feel like that and I'm really hungry so I manage to get something down me :thumb:
  • Options
    Don't worry about the exam. If you're still ill on monday, just go to the surgery (if you can make it). The GP will be able to give you a sick note so you can get a free resit. Or if you feel up to it, you might be able to do the exam somewhere a bit more comfortable. Check your university's regulations to be sure though.
  • Options
    By the way, the symptoms of IBS can be brought on by stress - that is, if you have the disease. Get a blood test when you go to the GP!
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    When did it start?

Erm, tuesday night I think :chin: I had constipation on monday, and on tuesday, then woke up tuesday night and just about shat myself! Im sure you can imagine what its like anyway. Today had to stop leave my class cos I felt so ill :(
  • Options
    Don't worry about the exam. If you're still ill on monday, just go to the surgery (if you can make it). The GP will be able to give you a sick note so you can get a free resit. Or if you feel up to it, you might be able to do the exam somewhere a bit more comfortable. Check your university's regulations to be sure though.

A level exam. I should be ok with it :thumb: I got 97.33% in the mock :) it just depends if my stomach is settled or not. When its ok, its fine, but when it starts aching and I start feeling sick I dont know why but I start feeling a bit sad / panicky - said to my teacher I had to leave the class to get some fresh air. Bleugh :( wanna cry lol
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you need a hug and an early night. I'm sure you will feel much better tomorrow. Stress is a really powerful thing especially when you are already feeling a bit under the weather.

I'm sure the rainbow was a good sign though, and your exam will be just fine. Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    Sounds to me like you need a hug and an early night. I'm sure you will feel much better tomorrow. Stress is a really powerful thing especially when you are already feeling a bit under the weather.

I'm sure the rainbow was a good sign though, and your exam will be just fine. Good luck :thumb:

Rainbow was definately a good sign. (was actually stressed about personal stuff, not the exam ;)). It was the kind of thing you could count as a divine sign in a way. I mean, everythings a coincidence really, but sometimes... just the right thing at just the right time. Made me burst out crying and smiling lol. Anyway...

yea i think i need to relax really, just want my tummy to chill a bit. last night i was up most of the night and my tummy was gargling and all sorts, kept clenching, felt sick all night but wasnt actually sick and was very very hot.
  • Options
    Yeah a sleep might be just what you need.

If not, a hot water bottle for the tummy ache and orange juice to keep you hydrated.
  • Options
    Rainbow was definately a good sign. (was actually stressed about personal stuff, not the exam ;)). It was the kind of thing you could count as a divine sign in a way. I mean, everythings a coincidence really, but sometimes... just the right thing at just the right time. Made me burst out crying and smiling lol. Anyway....

I know exactly what you mean..

It happened when one my close relatives died, his funeral was on an awful dark snowy day and the vicar was saying that he will watch over us etc etc and no work of a lie the sun suddenly came out and nearly blinded us! It was lovely.

Good luck with everything honey. If you ever want to chat or anything pm me. *Hugs* :)