Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Foundation Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please help meeeeeeeee! I bought the maybelline 2-step foundation and found it to be too light for me, and didnt quite cover very well. So I bought the boots colour match foundation in light but it goes on very dark. I am currently mixing the two just to have something close to what i want but i can't say I am satisfied. I generally have good skin, but i want a more even tone. I have never bothered much with concealer but i'm willing to try anything now. I have considered converting to tinted moisturiser also.

Can anyone recommend a product or products for the face that will give me a non-cakey, smooth, creamy even finish?

Or am I asking for a miracle?! I have to say at this point, price is not a restriction as I am wasting far too much money on £10 and £11 foundations at the moment that arent doing their job!

Thanking ya :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    \
  • Options
    maybelline mousse foundation.
  • Options
    hmm the maxfactor one doesnt sound too bad will have a look at it and chek it doesnt come out of the tube too dark :chin:

any more?
  • Options
    Yeh I used to use that before(matte mousse) the two listed above and while it is good, i found that the maybelline wonderfinish did the same for me but was cheaper. However it looked great on my friend so it may suit you to a T :) I may be asking too much of a foundation!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I like Clinque SuperBalanced Foundation. It's really nice and light, and if you go into Boots I'm sure one of the assistants will help match your colour etc.

It is £17 though.
  • Options
    I use Maxfactor Hypersmooth. Its fucking great but i plaster it on cos my skins blotchy and i'm paranoid.

I'd quite like to use that mousse stuff from Maybelline cos i like the texture of skin when its been used, but like i said above i need something that covers well. Does that do that?
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I use Maxfactor Hypersmooth. Its fucking great but i plaster it on cos my skins blotchy and i'm paranoid.

I'd quite like to use that mousse stuff from Maybelline cos i like the texture of skin when its been used, but like i said above i need something that covers well. Does that do that?

Almay is good for coverage and it has blemish treatment stuff in too
  • Options
    the mousse is good for covering blotches, ie it colours well,evens out skin colour but the texture is very light and airy, so doesnt smooth out bumps and stuff, but i like that about it. I think its really natural looking. For under a fiver you cant go wrong IMO.
  • Options
    Almay is good for coverage and it has blemish treatment stuff in too
    I was using an Almay foundation for years but then it got discontinued :(

They replaced it with something different which doesn't work with my skin type.
  • Options
    i've been on a bit of a foundation binge this year. i have a few different ones that i rotate depending on how my skin looks.

i have a benefit playstick that i use mostly for going out, as it covers fairly heavily, and looks very 'made up'. then i have bourjois happy light which i wear most of the time, mixed with moisturiser, cause the colour blends perfectly, so i can wear it only where i need it. and i also have maybelline everfresh, which i'm not overly keen on, but it was in the bargain bin, and mixed with a touch of skinlights, it's great for a glowy look for special occasions or when i want to look a bit posh.
  • Options
    I have really pale skin during winter and use MAC foundation. I swear by it, it's got really good coverage and doesn't suffocate the skin. It's about £18 I think.

Ilora x