Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What if?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Post you what if's here and hopefully they'll get answered.

What if you was hypnotised and ordered to kill someone. Would/could you be charged with murder? Or would the hypnotist be accountable?

:chin:

Comments

• Options
    What if you went back in time and killed your grandfather (without taking into account multiverse theory).

What if you get cloned, and the clone kills, and you get done on DNA evidance.

What if I still haven't woken up from my dream yet.

What if your mind gets 'imaged' onto a machine, are you still alive? are you still human?

Blah blah blah....
  • Options
    What if I still haven't woken up from my dream yet.

That really is the question. I don't like to think about it as it makes my brain hurty :p
  • Options
    what if we called dogs cats, and cats dogs?

im not sure where thats from, some film i think.

edit: im pretty sure its Revenge of the Nerds 2: Nerds in paradise.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    That really is the question. I don't like to think about it as it makes my brain hurty :p

Have you ever had a dream, and you knew it was a dream somehow, and tried to wake yourself up? Cant remember the exact dream, but I have had that happen a few times, very weird.
  • Options
    what if I grew a dick?
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    what if I grew a dick?

assuming you're a girly, you'd be labelled as a Hermaphrodite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite
  • Options
    What if when I see the colour 'blue' you are really seeing my colour 'purple' but call it blue, how do we know we are all seeing the same colour?
  • Options
    What if when I see the colour 'blue' you are really seeing my colour 'purple' but call it blue, how do we know we are all seeing the same colour?

Thats a tricky one :P

Some discussion on that subject matter here, but nothing scientifically referenced though.
    http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=706651
  • Options
    assuming you're a girly, you'd be labelled as a Hermaphrodite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite
    I finally have a label :D

What if I got the urge?
  • Options

Exactly. You can't describe colours, so what I see to what you see may be different. Strange!
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    Exactly. You can't describe colours, so what I see to what you see may be different. Strange!

Yeah I know it hurts my brain, I used to think about it all the time when I was little. The thought that your tree leaves my be my colour red. :shocking:
  • Options
    Yeah I know it hurts my brain, I used to think about it all the time when I was little. The thought that your tree leaves my be my colour red. :shocking:

If you think thats bad, when I was little, I used to try and get people to argue their case for whether they existed or not. Since I couldn't actully experiance thoughts that weren't mine. I kinda felt like my eyes were watching a magic television. I swear I'm normal :P
  • Options
    If you think thats bad, when I was little, I used to try and get people to argue their case for whether they existed or not. Since I couldn't actully experiance thoughts that weren't mine. I kinda felt like my eyes were watching a magic television. I swear I'm normal :P

My parents used to shout at me when I got like that, I think its off putting when a 9 year old thinks too deeply about life. I once got scared when I was outside incase gravity stopped working too...

What if gravity stopped working?
  • Options
    What if gravity stopped working?

Now thats a question-and-a-half.

I pretty much stopped thinking out aloud when I realised that people started calling me weird. But I still think about those kinds of silly things all the time :)

Once I got a little drunk, and started babbling to 2 of my friends about the fact that I cant really be sure that they exist. So one of them who studied law, wanted me to write him as the sole benificiary of my will. Now that was an interesting situation. I rationalised it by talling him if I totally believed my thinking, I'd stop going to school and eating and anything else that my life needs to do. Still being weird is very interesting.

Here's a fact for you, if the sun vanished, it would take like 8mins for the earth to feel it, bacause gravity 'waves' if you will, cannot travel faster than light. There are so many weird things like that in the universe.
  • Options
    Now thats a question-and-a-half.

I pretty much stopped thinking out aloud when I realised that people started calling me weird. But I still think about those kinds of silly things all the time :)

Here's a fact for you, if the sun vanished, it would take like 8mins for the earth to feel it, bacause gravity 'waves' if you will, cannot travel faster than light. There are so many weird things like that in the universe.

I like the fact about lots of the stars that we see in the sky arent actually there anymore its just the light takes so many years to get to us.

I had to stop thinking about black holes (not in the dirty sense people) too because it scared me to think we could all be sucked into one at any time.

What if we got sucked into a black hole? :lol:
  • Options
    What about the fact that we are all made of star matter? They recon all of the complex atoms and such could only have been made by stars exploding. So to quote Moby, "we are all made of stars"
  • Options
    what if a question would actually be the answer and the answer the question?
  • Options
    What if I had a mustard drenched cucumber tied to my leg and I did not want my pants to get dirty?
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    What if I had a mustard drenched cucumber tied to my leg and I did not want my pants to get dirty?

Don't wear any pants?

What if I decided to eat a tune bagette but I didn't have any bagettes?
  • Options
    Don't wear any pants?

What if I decided to eat a tune bagette but I didn't have any bagettes?

put the tuna between your breasts instead

what if brains could be removed to be washed but i dried mine on the windowsill and it shrivvelled in the sun?
  • Options
    Use it as an insole for your trainers

What if I picked my nose and accidently lost my finger up there forever?