Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mass murderer wants justice (for others)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4771403.stm

Yet more PR about the justice system.

I wonder what they are planning this time?

It's not like there is a right lot left for them to nibble at.
Launching Labour's Let's Talk consultation, Mr Blair said: "I believe people want a society without prejudice but with rules - rules that are fair, that we all play by, and rules that when broken carry a penalty.

This particular quote sent cornflakes flying.

Comments

• Options
    Interesting that he used "we". "Everyone" would have been a better disclaimer. Slip of the tongue perhaps ?
  • Options
    "Everyone else" is more like it.
  • Options
    Whereas you two cretins don't want anything except to leave the poor to starve for not "delaying" their "gratification".
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Whereas you two cretins don't want anything except to leave the poor to starve for not "delaying" their "gratification".

:confused::confused:

Have you been moonlighting as a health service provider ? Medical diagnosis of cretinism for free ?

Be warned,that well known monopoly corporation ( doing business as NHS ) might get upset. I`ve heard they don`t like competition. Your licence might be revoked.You have got a licence, haven`t you ? The law is the law ;)
  • Options
    Really, I want to end hegemonic domination of things like the money supply so there won't BE any poor people, but heigh ho, you statists know best, after all your way is working great, isn't it?
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    :confused::confused:

Have you been moonlighting as a health service provider ? Medical diagnosis of cretinism for free ?

Be warned,that well known monopoly corporation ( doing business as NHS ) might get upset. I`ve heard they don`t like competition. Your licence might be revoked.You have got a licence, haven`t you ? The law is the law ;)
    NHS is a monopoly - that's going to come as a shock to BUPA.

Or do you mean that only suitably trained and qualified people are allowed to call themselves Doctors and practice medecine. In which case, fool that I am, I rather like the status quo...
  • Options
    BUPA obey all state imposed controls. Therefore they are identical to NHS, only the profit goes elsewhere. Do keep up.
    Or do you mean that only suitably trained and qualified people are allowed to call themselves Doctors and practice medecine. In which case, fool that I am, I rather like the status quo...

Theres a reason this has to be done at the end of a gun?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    BUPA obey all state imposed controls. Therefore they are identical to NHS, only the profit goes elsewhere. Do keep up.

Theres a reason this has to be done at the end of a gun?

I've not seen any Doctors being forced to practice at pistol point recently, have you?
  • Options
    I've not seen any Doctors being forced to practice at pistol point recently, have you?

That's because they comply.

Compliance hides the violence.

It's like saying that if you do what a knife wielding mugger says theres no violence involved.

As you pointed out that you do what the idiots in the state want or die in another thread I am astonished at your lack of thought on this one.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    That's because they comply.

Compliance hides the violence.

It's like saying that if you do what a knife wielding mugger says theres no violence involved.

As you pointed out that you do what the idiots in the state want or die in another thread I am astonished at your lack of thought on this one.

Slightly more complex in reality, its not violence that makes states run but legitimacy.

Also is the BMA part of the Government? I'm pretty sure its not - p'haps Kentish or MoK could let us know on this one.
  • Options
    If the government make the rules for it, otherwise known as law, they run it. End of.
    Slightly more complex in reality, its not violence that makes states run but legitimacy.

Nah, they run on fear. I think working for it has blinded you to why people have anything to do with it in the first place. Most people know they have to pay fines, licences, taxes etc or else something bad will happen to them.

Once they have caved in then comes the bullshit rationalisations about "fair share" and all that other good stuff.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    If the government make the rules for it, otherwise known as law, they run it. End of.

Nah, they run on fear. I think working for it has blinded you to why people have anything to do with it in the first place. Most people know they have to pay fines, licences, taxes etc or else something bad will happen to them.

Once they have caved in then comes the bullshit rationalisations about "fair share" and all that other good stuff.

you might find that by your argument it is the judiciary that runs the country, as it upholds the law
  • Options
    Nah, idiots slavishly obey the law, seeing the dictates of paper more important than another persons right to exist if need be, but those who create it are the ones that run the thing.

It's like having a giant idiot child with freakish strength who just does what Mummy tells him, even if it includes ripping peoples heads off.
  • Options
    Nah, idiots slavishly obey the law

well with you not being an idiot, im really rather surprised you havnt been locked up yet
  • Options
    If anything it's because idiots obey the law.
  • Options
    Its not "legitimacy" that makes states run, NQA. Washington (the capitol of corruption and falsehood) is testament to that fact. It is majority acquiescence to the system, "how we've always done it" that gives the status quo its power over the minds of the masses.

In this case Klint is correct. Those who refuse to comply or who dare attempt to challenge the prevailing mindset too visibly are actively marginalised, smeared, or acted against with state-sanctioned force.

Gotta keep the sheeple grazing happily while they are sheared bare.
  • Options
    klint ...i have never in my life come across anyone who uses the words ...fear violence intimidation bullying etc etc ...as you.
    are you seriously damaged?
  • Options
    klint ...i have never in my life come across anyone who uses the words ...fear violence intimidation bullying etc etc ...as you.

Well, you have to keep hammering the point Rolly, everyone is so keen on ignoring the gun in the room.
    are you seriously damaged?

Nope. I am just awake and aware. We are discussing politics after all, and this is all that politics is. No doubt I would be mentioning green quite a bit if we were talking about plants or water if we were discussing fish.

Force being the colour of politics and the water that it swims in.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    It's like having a giant idiot child with freakish strength who just does what Mummy tells him, even if it includes ripping peoples heads off.

omg it's chuck from the goonies!
  • Options
    Nice quote, I like it. Is it yours?

Think so.
    omg it's chuck from the goonies!

yep. pretty much.