Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

shakey after not eating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when i havent eaten for 12 hours or something (duno the exact amount i dont time it lol) i sometimes get kind of shakey. Is this normal?

not exactly the most pressing of matters as it has happened for quite a long time, just something i was wondering.

thx in advance for any info ;p

(its one of those things that's hard to google so i'll let the medical experts here answer it :))

Comments

• Options
    I get it a lot so I hope it's normal :)
  • Options
    Yeah. It happens to me.

Its your body's way of telling you it needs fuel, ie, food!!!
  • Options
    good to know :D
  • Options
    I feel faint and dizzy if i go too long without eating too.
  • Options
    Yes that is normal. I think it's because your blood sugar level gets too low.
  • Options
    I feel faint and dizzy if i go too long without eating too.

Same here. I sometimes used to get migraines as well.
  • Options
    Its normally Caused by your blood suger dropping too low and is a warning sign from your body that you need to eat.
  • Options
    Without proper nutrition your body doesn't function properly.

By becoming shaky your body is trying to protect itself from you pushing it to hard without proper nutrition. Its like a car engine going funny as it runs out of fuel.

Listen to what your body is telling you.
  • Options
    Without proper nutrition your body doesn't function properly.

By becoming shaky your body is trying to protect itself from you pushing it to hard without proper nutrition. Its like a car engine going funny as it runs out of fuel.

Listen to what your body is telling you.

i try to, though i also try to save money for summer e.g buy less shopping while i still have to pay for it!
  • Options
    you cant save money by buying less food! Just send a bill to your mum or whatever :p
  • Options
    Buy value cheese, potatoes, vegetable etc. You can do really nutritious meals for very very little. A veggie recipies are a good start.
  • Options
    you cant save money by buying less food! Just send a bill to your mum or whatever :p

hehe but she doesnt like to give me money that only gets spent on alcohol ;p
  • Options
    ShyBoy's right, cutting out on food isn't the way to save money. Better to work out some health, tasty and cheap recipes that'll keep you going.

Things like pasta, jacket potatoes, curries etc are all good budget food, and you can cook a load in advance to keep you going for a few days. Slow-energy release foods, such as bananas/oats (porridge is VERY cheap!) would also help to sustain your energy levels over a longer period of time.

Here are some articles that might help you:

Easy recipes

How to cook

Skint gourmet
  • Options
    cheers... it's not like im not eating lol! I still do, i'm just saving wherever i can
  • Options
    Yep me 2
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I get that too. I had a blood test in 2004 because of it, and everything (including sugar level) turned out to be fine, so it doesn't necessarily mean you have low sugar level. According to the pathologist, it's probably because of stress in my case...
  • Options
    tip to save cash: dont do grocery shopping when your hungry because you'll buy food thats quick / easy but expensive.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    yeah i get it too love, dont worry, its normal