Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dress Help!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right today my boyfriend texts me and asks if I want to go to his leavers do which of course I obliged and said I would even though the whole thought scares the wits out of me!

Now for my problem the dress. I am 3 months pregnant and developing a small bump, I need a dress that wont show the bump as his school mates dont know yet, its not a huge bump but its noticeable. Also I dont want to spend alot as im only going to be wearing it this once and more than likely never again.

Does anyone have any advice on what would look best and where I can get a reasonable priced dress ... ideally pretty cheap!

Thanks if anyone can help!

Comments

• Options
    I would try debenhams, or places like Next, for inexpensive frocks.. also try catalogues.
    On hiding the bumb.. I guess you could try looking for one with a waist that comes in under the boobs.. not sure what they're called, but they look kinda romanesque.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I would try debenhams, or places like Next, for inexpensive frocks.. also try catalogues.
    On hiding the bumb.. I guess you could try looking for one with a waist that comes in under the boobs.. not sure what they're called, but they look kinda romanesque.
    Empire line is what you're after.
  • Options
    Check out the argos Additions catalogue for nice-but-not-expensive dresses :)

additions.co.uk
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Empire line is what you're after.

Haha yeah thats it. I thought A-line at first, but then I googled it and :no:.
  • Options
    hm, i would try whats been suggested, but why has he asked you to go when he doesn't want his mates to know and you're begining to show?
  • Options
    Because i never got to go to my prom and he knows its something I really missed. A couple of his mates knows but he doesnt want to advertise it to the world, like im not advertising it to all my mates.

Whats empire line when tis at home?
  • Options
    Empire line is where it's fitted under the bust but goes out from below there if that makes sense.
  • Options
  • Options
    Or this...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Well empire line is what I got and looks fantastic! Really hides my figure! Thanks so much for recomending it! Now all ive got to do is find a purple bag, whcih after a day in london searching seems impossible! :(
  • Options
    Well empire line is what I got and looks fantastic! Really hides my figure! Thanks so much for recomending it! Now all ive got to do is find a purple bag, whcih after a day in london searching seems impossible! :(
    you haven't been able to find a purple bag in london!? i thought you could get pretty much anything there :p
    accessorize do some good gitzy evening/going out kinda bags, not sure about purple though
  • Options
    A silver bag might look nice with purple and silver bags are quite popular so I'm sure you'll find one.
  • Options
    Yeah im gonna try primark this weekend and failing them matalan, and failing that im really stuck lol!