Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question about the Pill...hmmm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

I've had a break from taking the combined pill (Microgynon) for a few months but want to start taking it again as soon as possible. The only thing is I haven't had a period in a while (don't worry, am not pregnant, I just lost a stone of weight in a short period of time so that put a stop to it) so I don't know when the appropriate time to start taking the Pill again would be? Does it have to be on the first day of your period, cos otherwise I'll have to wait longer than I'd ideally like to until I start taking it again...my doctor knows I'm not menstruating etc. so I'm not worried about that, just really confused about when to start my course again. Argh!

Thanks lots in advance for any help...

:)

Comments

• Options
    With there being a problem with when your periods are i really would ask your doctor. Ideally you are meant to start on the first day of your period, any deviation from this should be checked with the doctors. :)
  • Options
    Thanks - although I can't because I'm going away tomorrow, and only haven't seen my doctor beforehand 'cos I wanted to wait to see if I got my period...admittedly though I have been a bit disorganised about this...

If anyone's been in the same situation and can help I'd really appreciate any more advice...!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    See thread in health forum!
This discussion has been closed.