Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Have a heart, help a blah

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive finished all lectures and uni stuff now, but my tenancy doesnt end till the end of may.

So i have 2 weeks to myself

At first this sounded exciting, but then all my mates went home!!

So other than sleep and eat, and go for walks, please give me suggestions on what i can do for 2 weeks so that i dont go completely mad.

Comments

• Options
    Move into thesite.org

failing that, go to the cinema, erm buy a jigsaw, erm...............
  • Options
    set up a disco in your living room and organise a dance competition. i'll play
  • Options
    Bake a cake.

Ummm go and find out about all the random cultural things you can do in your town - i'm not sure which one you live in.

Make a scrapbook of all of your pictures - this is really time consuming and something you dont' often get round to.

Write your autobiography - or at least get started now incase you get famous later.

Do some volunteering for a local charity.
  • Options
    oh, forgot to mention that i cant do things that cost money

Good idea on the baking. I will bake a cake as i have ingredients laying around :D

As for the disco....i always dance around the house anyway. I'll have to post a video Koe! ahaha. then you'll know what your up against.
  • Options
    I like the puzzle idea. But then again I"m a dork and I love puzzles :p
    Find a really addicting computer/video game
    Rent lots of movies
  • Options
    i'd like to see a video, but i dont think you have a chance, im a self certified champion im afraid. big competitor. ive offered people out on here before and they always back down.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i'd like to see a video, but i dont think you have a chance, im a self certified champion im afraid. big competitor. ive offered people out on here before and they always back down.

i like a challenge.

I bet i could do the most humerous dance.
  • Options
    jake0 used to have a video of my dance skills but i cant remember the link, not sure i want to share it with all either, cos lets say i was off my face so to speak. some real moves going on tho, and ended with me booting a vase over
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    jake0 used to have a video of my dance skills but i cant remember the link, not sure i want to share it with all either, cos lets say i was off my face so to speak. some real moves going on tho, and ended with me booting a vase over

always the best way to end a dance. I like your work
  • Options
    buy/borrow/steal a guitar, learn to play like this , and come back and show us video evidence :p
  • Options
    Replicant wrote:
    buy/borrow/steal a guitar, learn to play like this , and come back and show us video evidence :p

do i have to do the faces and head movements too?
  • Options
    yeh, it's all about throwing your hair about :yes:
  • Options
    Blah - I'm in a similar situation. Finish June 12th, got plans for the week of July 10th and that's it until September...
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    Ive finished all lectures and uni stuff now, but my tenancy doesnt end till the end of may.

So i have 2 weeks to myself

At first this sounded exciting, but then all my mates went home!!

So other than sleep and eat, and go for walks, please give me suggestions on what i can do for 2 weeks so that i dont go completely mad.

come on the piss with me on saturday! :thumb: im stayin in lincoln for the whole of summer as my boyfriend lives here and im planning on working here for summer as well, mite go home for the odd week every now and again, but mainly staying here. tenancy doesnt end until my new begins anyway, so it all works out ok
  • Options
  • Options
    You could go through your address book (or e-mail contacts list) and write letters to people who you meant to stay in touch with but haven't for a while. I love doing this. Snail mail not strictly speaking free but still a cheap way to pass time.