Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

copying mix CD's without gaps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do I copy a mix CD without having gaps between the tracks? I'm using Windows Media Player to burn the CD.

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    I just had a look and I cant see any options for it...

It could be wrong but it looks like you might not be able to do it in windows media player... someone correct me if i'm wrong!

Personally I use iTunes, I think its a much better player than media player and its really simple to remove the 2 second gap, its just in the main options...

Alternativly you could download Nero, that can also remove it quite easily!
  • Options
    is nero free?
  • Options
    No...
    You can download a 30day full working trial of it from there website though...

www.nero.com

That will at least sort you out short term while you try and sort something more perminant out though.
    Although nero isnt exactly hard to get hold of off LimeWire or something...
  • Options
    Chop up the WAV into different tracks (i.e where you mix starts) and burn the tracks onto CD with no gaps (an option under most CD burning software is the pause between tracks on the CD).

I use SoundForge and add "Track Markers" which will save the hassle of chopping up the mix. All you do is add a marker where the mix starts and continue to do this all the way through the mix and then burn it on to CD, and Viola! You can skip tracks.

Note: Don't convert the tracks to MP3s at any stage, the MP3 conversion process puts little gaps at the start/end of each track so your mix will stop for a split second every time you mix hits a marker.

CDBurnerPro XP can copy music with or without gaps. I think it's a bit of an alternative to Nero, plus it's free.

www.cdburnerxp.se
  • Options
    there is a FREE nero version which is legal, its Nero express and has the "merge tracks/take out gaps option" is the best program imo (other than alcahol 120% for burning cds or dvds)
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    there is a FREE nero version which is legal, its Nero express and has the "merge tracks/take out gaps option" is the best program imo (other than alcahol 120% for burning cds or dvds)
    :no:

To my knowledge nero express isn't free
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote:
    :no:

To my knowledge nero express isn't free

I didnt think it was either...
  • Options
    maybe not then, I have countless CDs of it from DVD writers etc

http://oldversion.com/

pic a burning program.
  • Options
    Nero Express is bundled with some or most CD/DVD writers but it's not free as in freeware.
  • Options
    otherwise check if there is a "disc at once" burning method, which should remove the artificial track gap. (You'd still have to make sure the music was suitable)
  • Options
    there is a program called CD burner XP i think its called, i have it at home when i was having problems with the latest nero, which lets you remove gaps.

its free as well!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    there is a program called CD burner XP i think its called, i have it at home when i was having problems with the latest nero, which lets you remove gaps.

its free as well!

Already mentioned that ;).
  • Options
    Already mentioned that ;).

ha so you did, teach me for not reading through fully.

good piece of software it is.
  • Options

CDBurnerPro XP can copy music with or without gaps. I think it's a bit of an alternative to Nero, plus it's free.

www.cdburnerxp.se

I've tried that, it doesn't recognise my CD burner, which is nearly 7 years old.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    I've tried that, it doesn't recognise my CD burner, which is nearly 7 years old.
    i shall pm you over the weekend and all will be well ...remind me by saturday night if i haven't.
  • Options
    Its OK, I got it sorted. Cheers :)