Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Honesty...

...does it actually work?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Genrally I would say yes...

But for a proper answer you would need to be more specific!
  • Options
    It normally does yes, but there's honesty and there's honesty.
  • Options
    i would say yes
  • Options
    it's a split thing, while it works for one, it might not work for another one.
    But yeah, can't say without specifics...
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Genrally I would say yes...

But for a proper answer you would need to be more specific!

Can't be specific, cos it was more a general wondering, not really a special case...

I think it does too btw...
  • Options
    "They" do say it's the best policy ;)

I think it does exactly what it says on the tin, it can heal situations and it can harm them so you have to know when to apply brutal honesty and when to sugarcoat. Or something like that.
  • Options
    It works if all parties are honest, i think.

I try to be honest to everyone.

I wouldnt hesitate in lying to stop someone getting hurt, not to cover my own back but maybe to cover other peoples backs if it doesnt matter it i lie, for example i was out with a group of friends before and was getting chatted up, wasnt single at the time so told him when he asked, i mentioned my single friend and he called her a minger then walked away. When she asked, of course i didnt tell her he called her a minger.
  • Options
    ...does it actually work?

Always say what they want to hear. Ignorance is bliss.... :yes:
  • Options
    It breaks my heart when my girlfriend lies to me.

But that means these days she tells me she's had another 'oops, me and him did it again!'. I mean come on, theres flirting, but then theres rubbing another guys dick :yeees:. Sorry. I'm peed off. Contemplating some revenge though :chin: or perhaps not. Who knows!
  • Options
    It breaks my heart when my girlfriend lies to me.

But that means these days she tells me she's had another 'oops, me and him did it again!'. I mean come on, theres flirting, but then theres rubbing another guys dick :yeees:. Sorry. I'm peed off. Contemplating some revenge though :chin: or perhaps not. Who knows!

:crazyeyes are you serious?
  • Options
    i think honesty should be a priority to most people.
    there are some certain occasions that i think honesty could probably cause more bad than good, and it turns out that honesty is usually the best way, but i fuck it up everytime.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i think honesty should be a priority to most people.
    there are some certain occasions that i think honesty could probably cause more bad than good, and it turns out that honesty is usually the best way, but i fuck it up everytime.

I agree, sometimes being honest can also bring troubles or hurts the other feelings, but it is however really important as it is necessary, I think, to build a long lasting trust between people...
  • Options
    I agree, sometimes being honest can also bring troubles or hurts the other feelings, but it is however really important as it is necessary, I think, to build a long lasting trust between people...

i agree with what you are saying. i think honesty is a good foundation to build from. but i think there is a difference between honesty and telling lies. if i was ever asked a question outright i'd always answer truthfully.
  • Options
    I think honesty is very very important.

However, a few white lies here and there would never go a miss. An ex of mine said he preferred blondes to brunettes. It was my own fault as I asked but he was far too honest for my liking! It proper put me down as I was a brunette. I couldn't help but let it bother me. Theres being honest and then theres being honest!!! Lol.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It normally does yes, but there's honesty and there's honesty.

Exactly, and my house mate is the most brutally honest person i know, and although i respect her for it, she could be a bit nicer about it. Like if you asked her do i look okay in this, if she didnt think so she be like no you look like shite kinda thing, instead of well whats else could you wear.

But in relationships there should always be honesty.
  • Options
    In what context? Most cases it's best to be honest.