Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My face is a bit of a mess

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I need you guys to recommend the best (in your opinion) product to clear up blotchy/mildly spotty skin.

I also can't shift these tiny red spot-ettes from round my mouth. It's seriously disgusting although you can only see them really close up.

Comments

• Options
    Rinse well after shaving and try to avoid touching your mouth too much (if you're a fidgety person).

You can buy loads of different spot creams, although most don't tend to do a lot 'cept dry out the skin.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Might help to change your shaving foam, and use something like Lush's Ambrosia shaving cream, or something mild and gentle that will soften the hairs and won't dry your skin out so much. Anything with tea tree in it is good for blemished skin as well...
  • Options
    In the last week I've been using body shop's tea tree oil facial wash, morning and night, followed by pure tea tree oil dabbed on any problem areas. It's helped quite a bit.

It's 3 for the price of 2 at the moment as well.
  • Options
    I've got a little gel roll-on thingy from Tesco Clean Skin range. It must have tea tree and some other stuff in it. Works pretty well on me!
  • Options
    nivea for men seem pretty good (their whole range... face wash/moisturiser/shavingfoam etcetc)
  • Options
    I had a small cluster of spots on my forehead for about 12 months and nothing would get rid of them.

I then tried This and it got rid of them all.

I do however go a bit OTT with the spot gels, and use them about 50 times a day when it only says morning and night - I do find that they work a lot quicker if you reapply constantly throughout the day.

Ilora x
  • Options
    pure tea tree oil