Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bikini line

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Best way of getting rid of unwanted hair in the bikini area??

Comments

• Options
    Wax.
  • Options
    Wax.

Agree lasts much longer than any other method and gives a nice finish.
  • Options
    Well do you know where I can get a home waxing kit? A good one...
  • Options
    I shave as can't stand the thought of waxing down there! It doesn't last long at all though and can itch like mad. If you're brave enough unlike me, then waxing is supposed to be better, but you have to let the hair grow to a reasonable length first I think!
  • Options
    I shave as can't stand the thought of waxing down there! It doesn't last long at all though and can itch like mad.

Try having the water as cold as you can stand it when you shave, I read that on here somewhere ages ago (I think) and was sceptical, but it really does help.

I shave if it really needs doing, but try to avoid it if possible.
  • Options
    yes, wax. Agreed. I've found saly hanen's extra strength to do the trick as most other waxes i've tried don't work on that area.

Shaving :no: The next day is so painful, the stubble rubbing against panty line. I cry.
  • Options
    Boots sell home waxing kits, you're best of going to a larger store as they have more of a choice.
  • Options
    Try having the water as cold as you can stand it when you shave, I read that on here somewhere ages ago (I think) and was sceptical, but it really does help.

I shave if it really needs doing, but try to avoid it if possible.
    Thanks for that, will give it a go - I always thought that they recommended warmer water so that it opens the pores or whatever!
  • Options
    I think it would be better getting it done in a salon. Only costs about £10. If you do it yourself you might make a mess of it and not do it probarly.
  • Options
    shave. Waxing or epilating looks good for about a week, and then i get big red spots and ingrown hairs for the next 3 weeks after that, if not longer as they try and grow back.
    I just dont have the right skin for it.
    I find if i shave with a decent good quality sharp razor then it still is very smooth and I dont get the ingrown hairs.
    hair removing creams give me chemical burns.
  • Options
    Yeah I think its something you are going to have to experiment with. I can't get away with shaving it gives me ingrown hairs. I used to wax but it got too expensive and messy when I had to do it myself. I epilate now and I find it painless (think its because I waxed for so long).

So in conclusion, everyone is different its trial and error I find.
  • Options
    wax hurts to much. shave.
  • Options
    dancin_k8i wrote:
    wax hurts to much. shave.

Doesn't hurt that much, depends on your pain threshold.