Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

veet waxing strips

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was inspired to ask this after reading the post about veet removal cream...

Has anyone tried these? They're the ones you just hold between your hands to warm up then put them on your skin.
Tis just because I used them before and they were completely and totally fucking useless. They didn't pull one hair out, they just left wax all over my leg, which would NOT come off, thank god for the 'finishing wipes' they gave you, though i had to use them all to get the wax off.

So I just wanted to know if i did something wrong and it's just me or if they really are the biggest waste of money ever??

Comments

• Options
    I don't use veet ones, I have used superdrug fruity wax strips which are much the same thing (but much cheaper).

They worked for me (apart from when I did my bikini line and it swelled up and was sore for a week).

I think the trick is getting the wax the right temperature, it can't be too hot or too cold, or it won't stick to the hairs. And ripping it off quickly and firmly.
  • Options
    I have used them yeah.

It was a bit hit an miss. Some of the strips took loads of hair off, others just left wax everywhere like you said.
  • Options
    I have used them, all the wax stayed on my leg too :impissed:

Get an epilator, much better IMO although it hurts more on my legs than bikini line :chin:
  • Options
    Epilators boo. I bought one and they are not cheap, used it once, cried, threw it away :p

I've never tried the veet ones but I've tried the Sally Hansen version. I thought they were very good actually. Not something I'd use in place of what I do, but something nice and little to bring on a trip or something to get some stray bikini hairs or something. But they had no mess at all and thats what I did like.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Epilators boo. I bought one and they are not cheap, used it once, cried, threw it away :p

Yeah it hurt the first time but worth it because the pain is getting less and less, I think its more painful than waxing because its more prolonged but much less hassle.
  • Options
    I have used them, all the wax stayed on my leg too :impissed:

Get an epilator, much better IMO although it hurts more on my legs than bikini line :chin:
    Yeah epilators are really good, but i've never got into properly using them cuz they are so so damn painfull. But they do work out really cheap in the end, since you buy one and that just lasts you years.

Glad to see i'm not the only one who found the sucky waxing kits so sucky!

Does anyone remember the adverts, something about 'wax virgins' and claiming the strips are nearly painless to use? Well it's clear why they're painless, because they dont pull out any bloody hair!
  • Options
    Has anyone used the Veet "in shower" cream? That looks rather good but its probably as shit as the rest of their products.

I was thinking of buying an epilator but I don't think I could deal with the pain :lol:
  • Options
    I've used those wax strips before and I've found them useless.
  • Options
    Yeah complete rubbish. I saw the title of this post and thought in my head "are complete crap!!!"
  • Options
    I use them all the time to do my bikini line and they work really well. I don't bother with warming them in my hand as usually if they're stored in the cupboard they're warm enough. The key is not to over warm them as that's when they goop and stick to your leg.

I prefer them to that hot wax shit you put in the microwave. I got that bloody everywhere. :D