Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Party Throwing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey, I'm thinking of haveing like an outdoor party, in like, a field for all my mates and stuff, prenty of dance music etc.
got a DJ, possibly got a location
but how ahrd is it to set this sort of thing up? I imagine i need some sort of lighting, and a marquee plus generators for said lights and the DJ equipiment.
but has anyone here done this sort thing?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    No, but one of my friends friends did, and it turned out to be an amazing party! so good luck with it :D geez everyone was talking about that party for months...

Get everyone to bring tents and make it a weekend of partying :)
  • Options
    yeh i ws thinking tents, got a DJ for free, so all i need are lights and electricity... where do i get electricity?
  • Options
    you need generators like for squat parties
  • Options
    You might find this link usefull... How to have a free party
  • Options
    ah ha! bitchin! cheers nihilisticmadman
  • Options
    softworld wrote:
    ah ha! bitchin! cheers nihilisticmadman

anytime ;)

specially when it comes to free parties!!
  • Options
    we all invited then ? :razz:
  • Options
    well, its a hypothetical party, so hypothetically, yes your all welcome
  • Options
    softworld wrote:
    well, its a hypothetical party, so hypothetically, yes your all welcome

Wat kind of music tho?
  • Options
    good selection of dance music, the DJ's mix.
  • Options
    My mate did this for his 21st. Was immence. He had a big marquee, and decks, speakers and lights running of a petrol generator. We all just got totally winged in the middle of nowhere in this field with pumpin tunes. It was something else.
  • Options
    Is there a risk of getting chucked out by the po-lice?
  • Options
    for what? apart from drinking. but then its on private premises
  • Options
    As long as you have the permission of the land owner and you're not disturbing any residents you should be sweet.
  • Options
    We used to have this sort of thing every July on a farm just outside the town, it went for like 7 years straight before it fizzled out and every year we had a theme, last one was sci fi characters....
    We had a makeshift swimming pool, grass volleyball, big bbq, large bonfire, fireworks, one of us works for a building company and he borrowed 2 generators... We took turns on the decks playing all sorts of shit...

Best thing was all of us sitting round the fire in the wee hours of the morning playing weird games and talking shite..

It was awesome!!

Also, there were 3 neighbouring farms around us and we let them know about the party and invited them and it was cool. Plus it was in the middle of nowhere, i don't think the police would have bothered...
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    A mate of mine did it for his 30th birthday... had no authorisation tho... and the cops came... while he was chatting with the cops his mates, members of his graffiti crew, went and put graffitti all over the cops van... funny as hell... luckily they only asked them to stop and didn't arrest anyone... but it is sure a birthday he will remember...
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    As long as you have the permission of the land owner and you're not disturbing any residents you should be sweet.

Its still illegal under the 1994 Criminal Justice Bill, unless you have a licence. However if you do it a good few miles from any property, don't publicise it to every tom dick and harry, make sure people park their cars sensibly and tidy up after yourselves (including burying any shit - take a couple of shovels in case anyone needs a shit), then you should be OK