Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fuji digital cameras

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm looking at getting a digital camera for a belated birthday present and have found this one which looks quite good. i've been to look at it in the shop but before i buy it has anyone got it? or are fujis a good brand to go for in general?

also if anyone has any other recommendations for a 5mp or more digital camera costing no more than £140 it'd be appreciated!

:)

Comments

• Options
    i have that one, get on ok with it, except i reccomend you get rechargable batteries coz it drinks through them really quickly. i got mine cheaper than that too.
  • Options
    i have that one, get on ok with it, except i reccomend you get rechargable batteries coz it drinks through them really quickly. i got mine cheaper than that too.

you don't really rate it then?

where did you get it from?
  • Options
    I can't find a review of this camera. Some Fuji's are ok, some are not so good.

This one at least has an optical viewfinder, which should let you turn off the LCD to save batteries if you wanted.
  • Options
    yeh i tried to find a review but no luck either!

what the other poster said has kinda put me off!

my friend has a pentax and i've seen a nice one of those but it's hard to know what's going to be good and what isn't.
  • Options
    i have a fuji camera and an olympus one. im not sure which make either of them are but i definitely rate the fuji more than the olympus.
  • Options
    I have a question for you LD. If £140 is you're max price, have you included in that the price of buying a bigger memory card, because regardless of which camera you get you will sooner rather than later find you'll have to buy a bigger card. The built in memory of most camera's is very little and wont hold all that many pictures.

Fuji are good on the whole. The one you have found doesnt look too bad, 5MP got optical zoom which is the important one, digital zoom if you'd need it. If you were to go for this model i'd double check if it can take AA rechargable batteries, if not you'll end up spending a FORTUNE on batteries.

I reckon at the £150 or above scale you'll start finding camera's with their own rechargable batteries, those are the ones i'd recommend the most, because although it is a very specific battery it will give you a much better battery life.

I'd recommend anything from Nikon, Kodak, Casio and Pentax myself.

There's so such a great choice these day's though, it makes it so hard to choose !
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    I have a question for you LD. If £140 is you're max price, have you included in that the price of buying a bigger memory card, because regardless of which camera you get you will sooner rather than later find you'll have to buy a bigger card. The built in memory of most camera's is very little and wont hold all that many pictures.

Fuji are good on the whole. The one you have found doesnt look too bad, 5MP got optical zoom which is the important one, digital zoom if you'd need it. If you were to go for this model i'd double check if it can take AA rechargable batteries, if not you'll end up spending a FORTUNE on batteries.

I reckon at the £150 or above scale you'll start finding camera's with their own rechargable batteries, those are the ones i'd recommend the most, because although it is a very specific battery it will give you a much better battery life.

I'd recommend anything from Nikon, Kodak, Casio and Pentax myself.

There's so such a great choice these day's though, it makes it so hard to choose !

no i hadn't taken into account buying a bigger memory card i'd have to get one at a later date.

they've got this pentax one which looks quite good but i'd rather spend a little bit more. thing is the next priced up pentax one i can find is £180 and i can't afford that.
  • Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EPQ9ZQ/qid=1147793434/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_3_1/202-8589407-6505402

found this, has good reviews but i'm not sure. :(

it's either than or the pentax i think.