Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Firefox problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello.

I've used Firefox for a while now and the only minor niggle is that when I select to download something, it hangs for about two seconds before the download window appears or anything registers on it.

As you can imagine if you're downloading a lot of things at once, this becomes really frustrating.

Anyone know a way I can get rid of it?

Comments

• Options
    it often does it if you trie to download more than 2 files at the time... Firefox does it for me too and IE idem... not sure if it is a problem or done on purpose...
  • Options
    There is a short pause whilst the download console opens on my machine. I suggest you upgrade to the latest version of firefox and disable the download console... Tools -> Options.. -> Downloads -> *click untick* Downloads manager

Now, downloads happen seemlessly without any pause. To see the progress of your downloads hit, control and "j".
  • Options
    Firefox seems to crash on me all the time while running Server 2003 so I just made the switch to Opera, since they went free of course. Haven't had a problem with Opera yet.

Sorry, I know that didn't help whatsoever. :\
  • Options
    are you using the latest version of FF?