Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shagging a mates sister

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This weekend my mates sister was coming on pretty strong, I've always been fond of her and thought she was fit. I flirted a lot with her but didn't think I'd have any chance as shes 4 years older than me (but looks about my age).

Shes made it clear she only wants a bit of fun for now, which is the same thing I'm after, but obviously I'm worried about what my mate would think. He found out that she shagged another mate of ours but seemed ok with it, although I don't know for sure because I've never bought it up in conversation..

The other mate said when he found out all he said to him was "Well, she's old enough to make her own decisions, just don't hurt her" or something along those lines.

I wouldn't mind speaking to him about it first, but I wouldn't have the first clue how to word it to him. I don't want to go about this behind his back either..

I just wondered if any of you have been in the same sort of situation and how you worked your way around it.

BTW, sorry about the essay, I tried to keep it as compact as possible.

Comments

• Options
    It's between you and her really isn't it. But it might get awkward if there is an acrimonious split.
  • Options
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, I don't understand the whole brother/sister thing as I have no sister, but just thought it might seem like I'm abusing my trust as a mate.
  • Options
    I think that's a bit of a cliche. I wouldn't be annoyed with a friend who went out with my sister but I'd rather not hear about their bedroom antics.
  • Options
    Its easy to decide what to do

If you value him as a mate that you wouldnt want to piss off then dont do it, or chance doing it or whatever.

If you fancy a quick one off, or the occasionally shag, and its worth possibly losing a friend over, then do it.
  • Options
    well i guess if its his older sister then he may not mind as much as if it was a younger sister. i think it would be better to ask him about it though before you ever made a move on her. just say something like "would it bother you if your sister started seeing one of your mates?"
    you know him so you're gona have a better idea of how he'd react than we do. :)
  • Options
    I wouldn't want any of my mates shagging my sister, but then again she's only 15.
  • Options
    lol it can definatly make things towards you and your mate a bit awkward anyway
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    lol it can definatly make things towards you and your mate a bit awkward anyway

thing is, if these two mates fell apart, theres a potential that people dont usually realise in situations like this, that the family of the sister will start having massive rows, and it wont just be two mates falling out, it will be a whole group of them
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    My sister's got it only with plenty of my mates. It hasn't really bothered me before.

At least I know who they are, and at least I can trust them.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I'd kill any of my mates that tried it. Because i know how they all are, and the way they talk about/see girls. It wouldn't work out, because i'd smash them out the second they got to the door to come in. :|
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    I'd kill any of my mates that tried it. Because i know how they all are, and the way they talk about/see girls. It wouldn't work out, because i'd smash them out the second they got to the door to come in. :|

LOL. I'm the same.
  • Options
    I think it will bother me, but it's mainly I know my mate way to well to know they wouldn't be suitable for my sister... well got 6 half sisters actually, but 5 of them I never see and wouldn't give a toss as long as they are old enough... and the one I care about is barely 11, so if one of my mate would touch her (not that they would) I would obviously kill him... also I think my step-dad would do a better job, being corsican and all... and as for my shagging on of my mate sister, I couldn't do it (i think) as it would make me uncomfortable...
  • Options
    If there is a chance it would turn into a relationship then I would say go for it but for the sake of a shag I'd say it's not worth it.

I slept with a mates brother when I was younger and it got a bit awkward :no:
  • Options
    Hmm, could do without the awkwardness and stuff really. Looks like I'll be givin this one a miss.

Cheers ppl
  • Options
    i was in a similar situation, my mates sister was a year younger. It didnt work because all my others mates thought i was doing just to take the piss, so they would always go on about it to him (the brother) He got pretty wound up, but he just took it as banter. But it didnt work out with me and the girl in the end she didnt think i was taking her seriously enough
  • Options
    My boyfriends older brother goes out with his best friends sister and they all live togther :) Depends on the people
  • Options
    It definitely depends on the individuals involved. I slept with one of my older brother's mates when I was [very] young and [very] stupid, when he found out he hit the roof and didn't come back down for a while. They're still mates, but it's definitely an occasional issue between them.

On the other hand, one of my best friends of over a decade went out with that same (my middle) brother for two years and I was always cool with that -- if not actually "pleased". Was a bit gutted when they split up, to be honest :p

I definitely think there's something in whether they're older or younger. There's sometimes (an often slightly irrational) protective streak in terms of your younger siblings and sex, relationships, potential heartbreak. But if they're an older sibling to the mate in question then I think it might turn out quite differently :)
  • Options
    i dont think i would with any of my mates, i think its a bit of a sly thing to do cos i know i wouldnt be happy if it happened the other way.

but then again theres a lot of trust in my group of friends, only really associate with good friends. we tend to leave others ex's alone as well.

the unwritten rules of friendship are there for a reason
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    but then again theres a lot of trust in my group of friends, only really associate with good friends. we tend to leave others ex's alone as well.

aye thats another one that tends to get digs swinging :no:
  • Options
    I had a thing with one of my brother flate mates at one point and he wasn't very happy about it. Probably because I'm his little sister, even though I'm 20, and he is still quite protective over me.