Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Micro$hite Fartows XP strike back! Rant!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Fucking Micro$hite, fucking fartows crap, you stupid piece of shite OS...

Basically the little fucker decide to freeze, crash and on reboot lose all my fucking settings, all my bookmarks for IE and firefox, all my desktop content, give me the welcome to windows XP shite and all...

What a fucking piece of junk...

It's realy worth having a legal version with all their fucking updates...

Now will have to go and try to recover all the stuff this piece of junk make me lose... including obviously my current work that was sitting on my desktop and the content on My Documents... thankfully all my work unless new job is sitting on an other HD...

Rant done!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont want to sounds like a smarty pants, but...

Make some backups. Even if its to another drive, it doesn't take more than 5 mins.

Second, how did all your files disappear? have you tried a search? Its quite rare for files to vanish unless you got a virus.

And finally, if you dont want to sound silly, please dont try a play on the words Microsoft or use any $'s. thats so.... 1990's :P
  • Options
    yeh i have backups. and do it regularly
  • Options
    I do backup too, well of my work manly, but never of my bookmarks and other less important document... I'll get it back, it aint the first time I have that problem, I always manage to recover 90% of the lost data... it's just a pain... right now I'm on an other system, can't be bothered fixing the other one today...
  • Options
    well you can hardly blame windows if you dont make back ups of your bookmarks
  • Options
    I can still blame them for making an OS that crashes for no reason tho... I don't see why XP can't stay stable whe all I do is surf the web... crashing is no excuse to lose all setting andbring the computer back to when it was first install... and as I said i'll get them back anyway...
  • Options
    I can still blame them for making an OS that crashes for no reason tho... I don't see why XP can't stay stable whe all I do is surf the web... crashing is no excuse to lose all setting andbring the computer back to when it was first install... and as I said i'll get them back anyway...

I've never had any problems whatsoever with XP, maybe the problem lies with with the HD, especially if the OS has been there for years without proper maintenance. The registry can easily become corrupted and problems will arise.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    I've never had any problems whatsoever with XP, maybe the problem lies with with the HD, especially if the OS has been there for years without proper maintenance. The registry can easily become corrupted and problems will arise.

Well the OS has been installed few months only and I do maintenance on it ever week and do updates and all... That crash never happend to me often, but I have it at least once a year... annoying... anyway, was just pissed off when it happends so needed to rant...
  • Options

xp is as stable as houses for me
  • Options
    MrG wrote:

You are lucky... also for my work I have a lot of application that get tested and developed on my system, so it might fuck windows here and there...
  • Options
    You are lucky... also for my work I have a lot of application that get tested and developed on my system, so it might fuck windows here and there...

probly a bit of blame on all sides
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    probly a bit of blame on all sides

Yep... was mainly ranting, and well not a big fan of Bill, but mainly on a professional point of view, otherwise I think windows is ok and quite user friendly for home user and office use... not so good for research and development tho imo...
  • Options
    to be honest its good to rant :)
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    to be honest its good to rant :)

I thought so too :)
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    MrG wrote:

You are one of the lucky ones!

Mine has died in big fuckstyle a few times. I would also like to know how you people propose I back up about... ooh.. 85gb of data?

I can't afford another HDD, which will just shit there, unplugged when I am not backing up.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    You are one of the lucky ones!

Mine has died in big fuckstyle a few times. I would also like to know how you people propose I back up about... ooh.. 85gb of data?

I can't afford another HDD, which will just shit there, unplugged when I am not backing up.

10 dual layer dvd discs?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    MrG wrote:
    10 dual layer dvd discs?

It would be CHEAPER to buy another hard disk.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    It would be CHEAPER to buy another hard disk.

20 single layer dvdr at 30p each is exacly £6.00 (90GB), an 80GB hard disk is about £40

What do you have thats 85GB? movies and mp3's? Well then back them up to dvdr.

That way your movies are archived. If your hard drive blows up, it dont matter one bit, they are on dvdr.

I backup all my media files every few months, but my personal files and uni work get archived every few days to a usb drive, and every week to cd. Those are the important files. And yes, I backup my bookmarks and taskbar icons.

To anyone who reads this post, please backup all your files and photos. Then date the cd/dvdr and put it in a binder. I had a friend who lost his dad's holiday photos for the last few years (they go on holiday a couple of times a year).

Losing data is like having a housefire, you really feel gutted.