Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

girls with headphones around

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Out in town when girls are listening to music going around on their own. I think this is an increasing trend.

To the females on this site, does this mean you want to be left alone to listen to your music. Would you not like a man to approach you then? Or would you be as open to it as normal?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    why is it aim to girls??? Don't men use headphones too? I think the main idea is to listen to music, nothing more nothing less...
  • Options
    why is it aim to girls??? Don't men use headphones too? I think the main idea is to listen to music, nothing more nothing less...

on an off note, when i go around listening to music it makes me less sociable, this might apply to the female of the species also...
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    analyst wrote:
    Out in town when girls are listening to music going around on their own. I think this is an increasing trend.

To the females on this site, does this mean you want to be left alone to listen to your music. Would you not like a man to approach you then? Or would you be as open to it as normal?

Thanks

I always listen to music, in the house, car, bus, train or just walking around or shopping. It doesn't mean anything other than I like music. I would be as open to conversation as normal.

For some reason old people always start chatting to me when I'm on the bus so in that case I'd just take my head/ear phones out and have a natter. Its no big deal really.

I take them out when I'm getting on a bus/going into a shop too.
  • Options
    i always listen to music when im walking around on my own, it doesnt mean im being unsociable, just tryong to de-bored myself while alone

if someone spoke to me i'd just turn it off...
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    I often keep my headphones in,even if its reached the end of the cd,as it stops them getting all tangled up and stuff in my pockets

in answer to the origional post, I'm guessing people mainly wear headphones as to not be very unsociable, by listening to loud music on speakers, in public
  • Options
    analyst wrote:

Thanks

I listen to the radio on my walkman (yes a proper old school walkman none of this fancy mp3 business) when I walk to the gym. I wouldn't be adverse to a gorgeous bloke approaching me, but not if they were playing a good tune. He'd have to wait till it was over.

Seriously, do guys really jut go up to girls in the middle of town and start chatting them up? It's never happened to me.
  • Options
    Oh this reminds me, i was on the train the other week, and this really annoying guy kept trying to talk to me, he was quite odd and i didn't really want him to talk to him. So i ad my music on, which for me, usually is a hint that i dont want a fulll on coversation, but he kept on bugging me for the whole journey.

I wouldn't wear my headphones if i was a friend etc, as i think this is kinda unsociable. So yeah, i only have them in if on my own and as a 'leave me alone' sorta thing...
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Seriously, do guys really jut go up to girls in the middle of town and start chatting them up? It's never happened to me.
    :yes: yes it happens! unfortunatley theyre not usually good looking.

and to answer the question, i listen to music when i'm out on my own because its entertaining! but if guys in cars/on the street etc attempt to talk to me then i will take the headphones out. im so nice.
  • Options
    Haha. The worst is, I work on the 5th floor, so when I arrive in the morning I just get in the lift with them still in my ears... and people from the 6th floor always try to talk to me and they work for the Sport newspapers and they're all creepy old men.

If they wanted to give me some money for getting my tits out, then fair deal.
  • Options
    Haha. The worst is, I work on the 5th floor, so when I arrive in the morning I just get in the lift with them still in my ears... and people from the 6th floor always try to talk to me and they work for the Sport newspapers and they're all creepy old men.

If they wanted to give me some money for getting my tits out, then fair deal.
    do u work for the M.E.N?
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:

I one word yes, I always seem to get some random bloke coming up to me and asking my name and if I want to talk to them. :nervous:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    do u work for the M.E.N?

Nah, I work for Friends Provident in Manchester. But we have the first 5 floors in the building, and the Sport have the 6th.

It's in the old Express buidling on Ancoats!
  • Options
    Yes, hello double post. Thanks for making an appearance.
  • Options
    I think I must be weird cos I can't stand headphones on when I'm walking about town. I like to hear what's going on around me, especially if I'm crossing roads.

Taking away one of my senses would make me feel not totally with it and I'd probably walk in front of a bus or something, or even worse try to sing in public and that's not nice for anyone.
  • Options
    on an off note, when i go around listening to music it makes me less sociable, this might apply to the female of the species also...

This actually applies to me as well. Of course, no-one actually realises this. :yeees:
  • Options
    It depends on the overall body language I'd say. Most of the time I'm wearing my headphones on the street I'm just listening to music.. I wouldn't mind being approached any more than I would when I wasn't listening to it.

But when I do really feel unsociable and want to be left alone, like on the train, bus or coach for example, I not only plug in my headphones but I also take out a book and try to look really absorbed, consciously avoid eye-contact with people, etc. Lol, only thing missing is hanging on a sign that said 'do not disturb'... And even then people come up and talk to you.. :rolleyes: some people really are illiterate when it comes to body language aren't they?
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    It depends on the overall body language I'd say. Most of the time I'm wearing my headphones on the street I'm just listening to music.. I wouldn't mind being approached any more than I would when I wasn't listening to it.

But when I do really feel unsociable and want to be left alone, like on the train, bus or coach for example, I not only plug in my headphones but I also take out a book and try to look really absorbed, consciously avoid eye-contact with people, etc. Lol, only thing missing is hanging on a sign that said 'do not disturb'... And even then people come up and talk to you.. :rolleyes: some people really are illiterate when it comes to body language aren't they?

Indeed. It's like the people who know I'm working/studying and still say something to me. They then moan if I ignore them... :rolleyes: