Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lisbon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone ever been?

If so what did you think about it and which airline did you use?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    The Sunny one .. LOL
  • Options
    I've been to Lisbon (but only to the airport!)

I was flying Air Portugal to Sao Paulo, Brazil and therefore had to fly via Lisbon. I can confirm that the airport is fine in Lisbon and has nice toilets. Air Portugal were good too but I don't know how there prices compare to their competitors for short-haul flights.

I have been to Portugal too once, to the Algarve (which I believe is very different to Lisbon) but I can't remember who I flew with.

Surely you just chose the airline based on the best price for when you want to go?
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I've been to Lisbon (but only to the airport!)

I was flying Air Portugal to Sao Paulo, Brazil and therefore had to fly via Lisbon. I can confirm that the airport is fine in Lisbon and has nice toilets. Air Portugal were good too but I don't know how there prices compare to their competitors for short-haul flights.

I have been to Portugal too once, to the Algarve (which I believe is very different to Lisbon) but I can't remember who I flew with.

Surely you just chose the airline based on the best price for when you want to go?

Wellt he airline bit was just a secondary question and more aimed at finding out if it's one of these ryanair or easyjet things - is the airport actually in Lisbon, cos they're a bit lax with their location details sometimes, - I remember ryanair said they flew to barcelona and it was like 70 miles from the city - luckyily we found out in advance and went with easyjet instead.
  • Options
    I was in Portugal last year. We flew with a dutch company (can't remember what it was called) and we arrived in Lisbon. The airport is actually in Lisbon.
  • Options
    I've been about 3-4 times all for work. but i did get to have a bit of a wonder and look around. Its a lovely city, i perfered the older side instead of the modern. Lots of history.

The airport is in the city itself and and 10-15min drive to the main city centre. I went with BA each time. Its well worth a visit.
  • Options
    Just incase you need it:

Guide to Portuguese Insults

(Not really worksafe as the site always has adult contacts banner advertising)
  • Options
    I love Lisbon, well Portugal in general really you'll have a fab time!