Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Supermarket Misery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Went to the supermarket earlier to pick up some shampoo, I always get this one brand from Sainbury's. Anyway, I get there and its on Bye one get one Free, BUT THERE WAS ONLY ONE LEFT!!!

So I had to decide whether to just buy the one bottle or buy none out of principle, in the end I decided to just buy the one bottle.

Do you think I made the right choice?? Anyone else have to make a rash life changing decision today?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Today I had to decide if I wanted the lip-shaped post it notes or the leaf-shaped post it notes. I decided to buy the leaf shaped ones.
  • Options
    Today I had to decide what was more important...a night on the town getting pissed and having a laugh or to stay in and do my revision. I have chosen to do my revision. How sad.
  • Options
    Fuller wrote:
    Went to the supermarket earlier to pick up some shampoo, I always get this one brand from Sainbury's. Anyway, I get there and its on Bye one get one Free, BUT THERE WAS ONLY ONE LEFT!!!

So I had to decide whether to just buy the one bottle or buy none out of principle, in the end I decided to just buy the one bottle.

Do you think I made the right choice?? Anyone else have to make a rash life changing decision today?
    Sometimes they will give you an "I owe you" for the other bottle in this situation.
  • Options
    It was a large supermarket, I didnt wanna push my luck!
  • Options
    If that happens at work, we scan the bottle twice and then sign on the receipt so that you can come and collect another one when we have them in stock :yes:
  • Options
    Fuller wrote:

I'm sure Sainburys will give you a voucher if you go to get something on special offer and the shelves are empty so you cn get the same deal next time
  • Options
    right decision i say :yes: one bottle of shampoo is better than none!!

as for me - i made the decision as to whether i should eat ONE jammie dodger or TWO jammie dodgers.. needless to say i chose 2 :yeees:

also had to decide whether to have fruit and fibre or weetabites for breakfast this morning. tough one. took like 10 minutes but eventually decided on f+f!!!
  • Options
    Good choice, if I had to choose between kellogs fruit and fiber and a cheap supermarket brand of weetabix I would have deffo gone for the f+f!
  • Options
    at tesco they do a special promise voucher where in this case you would've got the other product free next time.

you should've asked at the customer service desk.
  • Options
    Fuller wrote:
    Good choice, if I had to choose between kellogs fruit and fiber and a cheap supermarket brand of weetabix I would have deffo gone for the f+f!

Well that don't make sense since they're not even the same product ... :confused: Fruit & Fibre Vs Weetabix
  • Options
    Well that don't make sense since they're not even the same product ... :confused: Fruit & Fibre Vs Weetabix
    But surely if they were the same product it wouldnt be a choice??
  • Options
    What else is in a "supermarket?" I always thought it was the same as what I would consider a "grocery store" which is a place where food is purchased. Granted you can buy other stuff there, such as shampoo, I didn't think anybody did, as theres the decency rule. You don't buy food where you buy your gas and you don't buy [insert non food related world] where you buy your food.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    What else is in a "supermarket?" I always thought it was the same as what I would consider a "grocery store" which is a place where food is purchased. Granted you can buy other stuff there, such as shampoo, I didn't think anybody did, as theres the decency rule. You don't buy food where you buy your gas and you don't buy [insert non food related world] where you buy your food.

The Walmart i went into in Florida is what i'd consider a supermarket.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    The Walmart i went into in Florida is what i'd consider a supermarket.

Ahhh I getcha. Thank ya kindly :thumb:
    Please don't judge us all by what you saw there :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Ahhh I getcha :thumb:
    Please don't judge us all by what you saw there :p

Hehe what the hideous clothes an food they sell?

And the fact they sold guns :eek:
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Hehe what the hideous clothes an food they sell?

:lol: alittle bit of everything :p
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    LacyMay wrote:

Listen, don't judge the shite guns Walmart sells.

There are FAR better gun shops in the US.
  • Options
    Fuller wrote:

get you starting a thread on thesite :p
  • Options
    Wow, Fuller the post whore :p
  • Options
    I AM!!! all cheer
  • Options
    Wal mart in USA was so pants, the only food they seemed to sell was multipacks of crisps, and nasty size 30 t-shirts.

Go Asda.