Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does 'I can't Believe it's not Butter' come out of jeans?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dropped my toast and it went on my leg, will I be able to get it out? I have Stain Devils Number 1, any good?

Comments

• Options
    put talc on it and rub it in if the stain is still fresh, and then wash it with BIOLOGICAL detergent at 60.
    it should be fine.

the difference between biological and non biological is the enzymes in them which break down fatty stains. Non bio is fine for normally dirty clothes, but you need bio for most food stains. Talc is a special trick that the leader of the diner in my old job told me about for removing grease stains.
  • Options
    I dont know if that particular one is anygood, but when I drop margarine on myself I'll just put some liquid detergant right on the spot, let it sit till I remember again then wash.

Though most the time I just throw it in the hamper and in a couple days it usually gets washed normally like everything else and it doesn't really stain.
  • Options
    I haven't got any bio powder, and the uni machines are set at 40. My ariel handwash is biological, if I put some of that straight onto the mark before I wash it, do you think that would work?
  • Options
    I haven't got any bio powder, and the uni machines are set at 40. My ariel handwash is biological, if I put some of that straight onto the mark before I wash it, do you think that would work?
    Try it and see!

You should try and get them in the wash asap.
  • Options
    Hmm. I'll attempt to wash the leg of the jeans with the stain on in the sink, I did my laundry yesterday so I haven't got enough for a wash yet.
  • Options

In my experience you need to use like with like, so to get rid of something oily you have to put oil on it, so like my-name said rub washing up liquid into it and since you havnt got bio you'll have to use normal washing powder. Rub the washing up liquid in first and leave it for a little while then rinse it and stick them in the washer.

Try not to use any water when you're putting the liquid on though
  • Options
    yeah washing up liquid might work, and 40 should be fine too. Did you try the talc?
  • Options
    I don't have any talc and it's too dry now. I'll remember it next time I am careless with my toast though :)
  • Options
    I don't have any talc and it's too dry now. I'll remember it next time I am careless with my toast though :)

it always falls butter side down too lol