Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Living with the enemy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This one goes directed specially to the guys, but if you girls have a point of view, please share ^.^

I recently was asked if I could go and live for two weeks with a gay couple... I have my point of view but what are yours?

Do you think you would be able to respect their lifestyle and friends?

Please share ;) thanks :yes:

Comments

• Options
    :confused: Can't see what the problem would be, to be honest.
  • Options
    I'm confused. Why would you be living with them? And why are they the enemy?

As a female, my opinion goes with for anybody I live with. As long as I dont see or hear them have sex when I'm not invited, whether it be with the same gender or a different, I really don't care. I've never thought sexual preferance had any bearing on who is a potential roommate.

Though maybe with gay men they could tell me if the man I like is cute enough and wouldn't try to steal them away at the same time :p
  • Options
    Gay couples aren't my enemy - that'd be men :p;)

I don't really understand the question -- if a couple were to ask you to live with them then I expect you may already know what their lifestyle was. This sounds like the premise of a shit TV show, to be honest,
  • Options
    I'm assuming you do not agree with gay people? If I've got the wrong end of the stick there I'm sorry.

A gay couple are exactly the same as a m/f couple apart from the fact that they are the same sex obviously.

I would perhaps have a problem moving in with a couple in the first place just because of feeling like a spare wheel but that would have nothing to do with them being gay or not.
  • Options
    I agree, gay couples aren't the enemy at all, and yes, as long as I didn't hear them having sex etc I'd be fine with it. And it's only for 2 weeks anyway!
  • Options
    Normally my first thought would be yes! Gay men are so tidy and great shopping buddies. But...

My boyfriend rents a house from a gay man. When they first moved in it was a complete shit-tip! At least 6 months worth of grease and food caked onto the oven (I didn't dare look in it) and food with a sell-by-date of June 2003.. this was January 2006. :no:

So I don't know. I have to assume that if any couple were asking me to move in with them I'd know them well enough to not have to think about it. Sexual preferences wouldn't bother me, it'd more be what the lifestyle is of the person and whether they can take their share of the responsibility.
  • Options
    Normally my first thought would be yes! Gay men are so tidy and great shopping buddies. But...

My boyfriend rents a house from a gay man. When they first moved in it was a complete shit-tip! At least 6 months worth of grease and food caked onto the oven (I didn't dare look in it) and food with a sell-by-date of June 2003.. this was January 2006. :no:

So I don't know. I have to assume that if any couple were asking me to move in with them I'd know them well enough to not have to think about it. Sexual preferences wouldn't bother me, it'd more be what the lifestyle is of the person and whether they can take their share of the responsibility.

:confused: I'm confused, are you saying it was a mess because he's gay? :chin:

Edited to add: One of my male gay friends is neither a good shopping buddie or tidy. Shame on shows like Will and Grace and Corrie for promoting this stereotype!
  • Options
    I didnt think she meant that, I thought she was just saying about her preconceived ideas of gay men being neat freaks (as in queer eye for the straight guy), but it turns out theyre just as likely to be messy as heterosexual people!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I'm confused. Why would you be living with them? And why are they the enemy?

I think "Living with the enemy" is the name of a TV show where you live with someone you'd not normally associate with - I assume that name just is a play onthe Julia Roberts movie.
  • Options
    I didnt think she meant that, I thought she was just saying about her preconceived ideas of gay men being neat freaks (as in queer eye for the straight guy), but it turns out theyre just as likely to be messy as heterosexual people!

Yeah that makes more sense, thanks. Got on my soap box a bit there :blush: