Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

thecolour quiz

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the colour quiz - clicky
This test is based on the work of Dr. Max Lûscher and is used worldwide, most notably in Europe, by psychologists, doctors, government agencies, and universities to screen their candidates. Since the 1950's the test has been given to hundreds of thousands of people.

only takes a minuite but gives you shed loads to read

Your Existing Situation
Avoids excessive effort and needs roots, security, and peaceful companionship. May be physically unwell, in need of gentle handling and considerate treatment.

Your Stress Sources
Feels that life has far more to offer and that there are still important things to be achieved--that life must be experienced to the fullest. As a result, she pursues her objectives with a fierce intensity that will not let go of things. Becomes deeply involved and runs the risk of being unable to view things with sufficient objectivity, or calmly enough; is therefore in danger of becoming agitated and of exhausting her nervous energy. Cannot leave things alone and feels she can only be at peace when she has finally reached her goal.

Your Restrained Characteristics
Circumstances are forcing her to compromise, to restrain her demands and hopes, and to forgo for the time being some of the things she wants.
Feels that she is receiving less than her share and that there is no one on whom she can rely for sympathy and understanding. Pent-up emotions and a certain egocentricity make her quick to take offense, but she realizes that she has to make the best of things as they are.

Your Desired Objective
Seeks success, stimulation, and a life full of experience. Wants to develop freely and to shake off the shackles of self-doubt, to win, and to live intensely. Likes contacts with others and is enthusiastic by nature. Receptive to anything new, modern, or intriguing; has many interests and wants to expand her fields of activity. Optimistic about the future.

Your Actual Problem
The fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants leads her to play her part with an urgent and hectic intensity.

Comments

• Options
    Your Existing Situation
    Readily participates in things that provide excitement or stimulation. Wants to feel exhilarated

Your Stress Sources
    Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which she imposes of herself or by her own choice and decision.

Feels she is receiving less than her share, but that she will have to conform and make the best of her situation.
    Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective
    Seeks an affectionate relationship, offering fulfillment and happiness. Capable of powerful emotional enthusiasm. Helpful, and willing to adapt herself if necessary to realize the bond of affection she desires. Needs the same consideration and understanding from others.

Your Actual Problem

Does not wish to be involved in differences of opinion, contention or argument, preferring to be left in peace

That actually sounds pretty true
  • Options
    That is truely amazing. Not posted my answers though as they lie close to my heart.
  • Options
    That is truely amazing. Not posted my answers though as they lie close to my heart.

Me too, but did you see that thing Derren Brown did when he gave everyone their own "individual" reading? They were all saying how it matched their personality exactly and exactly fit with their life in detail. Turned out he'd given them all the same reading and they had just interpreted it to fit with themselves.
  • Options
    Me too, but did you see that thing Derren Brown did when he gave everyone their own "individual" reading? They were all saying how it matched their personality exactly and exactly fit with their life in detail. Turned out he'd given them all the same reading and they had just interpreted it to fit with themselves.

Same with horoscopes. I could someone titled another star sign with my sign, I wouls still find things that are relevent to me
  • Options
    Your Existing Situation
    Acts calmly, with the minimum of upset, in order to handle existing relationships. Likes to feel relaxed and at ease with her associates and those close to him.

Your Stress Sources
    Unfulfilled hopes have led to uncertainty and apprehension. Needs to feel secure and to avoid any further disappointment, and fears being passed over or losing standings and prestige. Doubts that things will be any better in the future and this negative attitude leads her to make exaggerated demands and to refuse to make reasonable compromises.

The situation is preventing her from establishing herself, but she feels she must make the best of things as they are.
    Trying to calm down and unwind after a period of over-agitation which has left her listless and devoid of energy. In need of peace and quiet; becomes irritable if this is denied him.

Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but tends to hold aloof emotionally.

Your Desired Objective
    Feels the situation is hopeless. Strongly resists things which she finds disagreeable. Tries to shield herself from anything which might irritate her or make her feel more depressed.

Your Actual Problem
    Disappointment and the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals have led to anxiety, emptiness, and an unadmitted self-contempt. Her refusal to admit this leads to her adopting a headstrong and defiant attitude.

I did another version of this a couple of weeks ago and it was spot on. But they are of course open to interpretation.
  • Options
    wow. the results of mine were so true,
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Your Existing Situation
    Sensuous. Inclined to luxuriate in things which give gratification to the senses, but rejects anything tasteless, vulgar, or coarse.

Your Stress Sources
    Seeks independence and freedom from any restriction and therefore avoids obligations or anything which might prove hampering. He is being subjected to considerable pressure and wants to escape from it so that he can obtain what he needs, but tends to lack the necessary strength of purpose to succeed in this.

Demanding and particular in his relations with his partner or those close to him, but careful to avoid open conflict since this might reduce his prospects of realizing his hopes and ideas.

Believes that he is not receiving his share--that he is neither properly understood nor adequately appreciated. Feels that he is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave him without any sense of emotional involvement.

Exacting in his emotional demands, especially during moments of intimacy leaving him frustrated in his desire for a perfect union.

Willing to become emotionally involved as he feels rater isolated and alone. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense, though he tries to avoid open conflict.

Your Desired Objective
    Shelves his ambitions and forgoes his desire for prestige as he prefers to take things easily and indulge his longing for comfort and security.

Your Actual Problem
    Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of his own efforts.

Your Actual Problem #2
    The tensions induced by trying to cope with conditions which are really beyond his capabilities, or his reserves of strength, have led to considerable anxiety and a sense of personal (but unadmitted) inadequacy. He attempts to remedy this by intense activity and by insistence on getting his own way. Faulty self-control can lead to ungovernable displays of anger.

Mixed, I think... Some parts were incredibly accurate, but other parts I consider to be incorrect (about me).
    There were also some parts I can't verify, but that has nothing to do with the quality of the test.
  • Options
    Your Existing Situation
    Active, but feels that insufficient progress or reward is being made for the effort exerted.

Your Stress Sources
    Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which he imposes of himself or by his own choice and decision.

Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but is inclined to be emotionally withdrawn, which prevents him from becoming deeply involved.

An unadmitted lack of confidence makes him careful to avoid open conflict and he feels he must make the best of things as they are.

Your Desired Objective
    Over-imaginative and given to fantasy or day-dreaming. Longs for interesting and exciting things to happen and wants to be admired for him charm.

Your Actual Problem
    Feels restricted and prevented from progressing; seeking a solution which will remove these limitations.

--
    Not sure how close to me that is, oh well...
  • Options
    Your Existing Situation
    Working to improve her image in the eyes of others in order to obtain their compliance and agreement with her needs and wishes.

Your Stress Sources
    Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which she imposes of herself or by her own choice and decision

Insists that her hopes and ideas are realistic, but need reassurance and encouragement. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.
    Willing to become emotionally involved and able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity, but tries to avoid conflict.

Your Desired Objective
    Strives for a life rich in activity and experience, and for a close bond offering sexual and emotional fulfillment

Your Actual Problem
    Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of her own efforts

:eek: My God, it is all so true!
  • Options
    Your Existing Situation
    Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for these qualities--especially in the company of someone equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

Your Stress Sources
    Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which she imposes of herself or by her own choice and decision.

Believes that she is not receiving her share--that she is neither properly understood nor adequately appreciated. Feels that she is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave her without any sense of emotional involvement.
    An unadmitted lack of confidence makes her careful to avoid open conflict and she feels she must make the best of things as they are.

Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but restless and inclined to be emotionally withdrawn, which prevents her from becoming deeply involved.

Your Desired Objective
    Seeks success, stimulation, and a life full of experience. Wants to develop freely and to shake off the shackles of self-doubt, to win, and to live intensely. Likes contacts with others and is enthusiastic by nature. Receptive to anything new, modern, or intriguing; has many interests and wants to expand her fields of activity. Optimistic about the future.

Your Actual Problem
    Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of her own efforts.
  • Options
    Meh, I did something the same/similar to this a few years back under the name "Colourgenics" or somesuchthing, at the time I was amazed that it read my personality so accurately. But now I think remotebleeper hit the nail on the head regarding personal interpretation and even, to an extent, projection.
  • Options
    Your Existing Situation

Seeks to share a bond of understanding intimacy in an esthetic atmosphere of peace and tenderness.

Your Stress Sources

Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which he imposes of himself or by his own choice and decision.

Wants to broaden his fields of activity and insists that his hopes and ideas are realistic. Distressed by the fear that he may be prevented from doing what he wants; needs both peaceful conditions and quiet reassurance to restore his confidence.
    Willing to become emotionally involved and able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity, but tries to avoid conflict.

Your Desired Objective

Seeks the determination and elasticity of will necessary to establish himself and to make himself independent despite the difficulties of his situation. Wants to overcome opposition and achieve recognition.

Your Actual Problem

Strongly resists outside influence and any interference with his freedom to make his own decisions and plans. Works to establish and strengthen his own position.

Pretty accurate. Not sure about that last bit, though.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Your Existing Situation
    Willing and adaptable. Only at peace when closely attached to a person, group, or organization on a which reliance can be placed.

Your Stress Sources
    Feels that life has far more to offer and that there are still important things to be achieved--that life must be experienced to the fullest. As a result, he pursues his objectives with a fierce intensity that will not let go of things. Becomes deeply involved and runs the risk of being unable to view things with sufficient objectivity, or calmly enough; is therefore in danger of becoming agitated and of exhausting his nervous energy. Cannot leave things alone and feels he can only be at peace when he has finally reached his goal.

Feels that he is receiving less than his share and that there is no one on whom he can rely for sympathy and understanding. Pent-up emotions and a certain egocentricity make him quick to take offense, but he realizes that he has to make the best of things as they are.

Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity.

Your Desired Objective
    Suffering from pent-up overstimulation which threatends to discharge itself in an outburst of impulsive and impassioned behavior.

Your Actual Problem
    The fear that he might be prevented from achieving the things he wants drives him to the exploitation of all types of experience, so that he may categorically deny that any of them has any value. This destructive denigration becomes his method of concealing hopelessness and a profound sense of futility.

Ouch,,, supprisingly true!
  • Options
    Under "your existing situation" it calls me a him. :\
    The rest says I'm female, but apparently I'm male at the moment.
    I thought my panties felt a bit snug.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Under "your existing situation" it calls me a him. :\
    The rest says I'm female, but apparently I'm male at the moment.
    I thought my panties felt a bit snug.

:lol: Me too!

Your Existing Situation
    Orderly, methodical, and self-contained. Needs the respect, recognition, and understanding of those close to him.

Won't let me see the rest :(