Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

If a friend of yours...

...blocked you on MSN when you told them you wouldn't talk to them for about a week because you are busy/have exams would you assume the worst?

A friend of mine has blocked me on MSN. I know for a fact they are online now. I am blocked. Not quite sure why. Wondering what I have done wrong, etc.

Its playing on my mind big time because to me, they are a good friend.

Am I silly for getting stressed about it?

If you were in the same position, would you assume that you had done something wrong and this person was in a mood with you? Would you ever assume that this person wants to cut contact with you (but without telling you)?

I don't know why I am letting it bother me so much but it is :banghead:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i would just assume they've taken it the wrong way and are having a strop
    i'd leave them too it
  • Options
    Maybe they're doing it with good intentions... i've blocked friends on msn when i know they have a lot of coursework to do and they should be doing it, but keep talking to me.... kinda doing it for their own good so its one less person for you to talk to?

Sounds a bit daft i know, but its another possibility :)
  • Options
    I sometimes block people when I'm in a cream puff with them.

But then I sometimes block people when I've got like 8 different windows open with 8 totally different conversations and I know they could talk for Scotland, so I'll put them on block.

Don't let it bother you, if he/she's a proper mate then they'll unblock you at some point and discuss whatever it is like an adult.
  • Options
    I'd probably assume they were in a huff and leave them to it, I'm sure they'll come round. You're not in the wrong, if anything it's probably just a case of crossed wires or a bit of oversensitivity - so don't let it stress you out :)
  • Options
    H-face wrote:
    Maybe they're doing it with good intentions... i've blocked friends on msn when i know they have a lot of coursework to do and they should be doing it, but keep talking to me.... kinda doing it for their own good so its one less person for you to talk to?

Sounds a bit daft i know, but its another possibility :)
    To be honest, yeah it is.

This person has got lots of exams too. Lots of important stuff to do. This person needs to concentrate on their life at the mo.

However, I told this person I wouldn't talk to them until their and my exams were over. There was no need to block me. I'm not tempted to talk to them. Its not like I need to talk to them but gah.

I can't help but be a little offended and I can't help but wonder if this person is cutting contact with me without letting me know. I can't help but wonder if I've done something wrong.

To be honest, if it is for good intentions its having completely the opposite effect because its stopping me from revising. I can't revise with silly little problems like this on my mind.
  • Options
    Perhaps they just dont want to speak to you at the moment, i block people sometimes when im not in the mood to talk or i sit in offline mode, just keep it open to see when i get emails really.
  • Options
    i block friends etc all the time on msn. but not because im in a mood with them or anything.

generally when i do it, its because i want to talk to someone else and not get interrupted. i wouldnt really read much into it
  • Options
    What if this person knows its upsetting you though?

What if this person knows that you know that you are blocked? (Not because they have told you but because you have found out)

This person knows I'm not going to "interrupt" them. I told them I wasn't going to talk to them till after our exams.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    What if this person knows its upsetting you though?

What if this person knows that you know that you are blocked? (Not because they have told you but because you have found out)

Anyone who deliberatley does shit like that isn't your mate.
  • Options
    To be brutally honest i think blocking someone, even temporaraly (sp?) isnt such a big thing as people moan and whinge on about it

sometimes on msn or in real life, i dont want to talk to people, especially anyone selling me somethig or trying to ask for directions, if im busy or in a rush, or even when im having a nice calm day, and i will turn my phone off to enjoy the sun

blocking people on msn, even if its just one person, isnt that big a deal, i sometimes leave my phone on even when i want to go for uninterupted sleep, because of work need to ring me i could be in the shit if i dont answer

id love to be ableto block all calls to my mobile, except for work numbers sometimes, and vice versa

dont look into this msn blocking too far
  • Options
    I find that very odd - usually, if I tell friends of mine that I'm busy (and vice versa) I don't actually talk to them and they don't talk back.

Like it has already been mentioned, leave them to it - they'll talk to you when they're ready.
  • Options
    well, i'd be like you and worry about it and wonder what ive done wrong and if that person is ever going to talk to me again etc etc BUT that's just because i worry about everything and always think the worst.

i think theyve probably done it just to make sure both of you revise and get all your work done without being distracted. if you hadnt had the conversation about not talking to each other until after exams, then i would be worried. but as you did have that conversation, id say things will be fine!
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    I sometimes block people when I'm in a cream puff with them.

But then I sometimes block people when I've got like 8 different windows open with 8 totally different conversations and I know they could talk for Scotland, so I'll put them on block.

Don't let it bother you, if he/she's a proper mate then they'll unblock you at some point and discuss whatever it is like an adult.
    lol and there's me thinking im the only one that does this
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:

Am I silly for getting stressed about it?

Yes, you are.

It's msn. People can block anyone, at any time, for any reason.

Really it's up to them, and nothing to do with you.

Forget it, move on.