Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guitar Lessons

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone know how much they cost? I'd be looking at getting home visits...thanks :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I haven't a clue about guitar lessons... BUT I've not seen you on here for yonks!

Hows it going?
  • Options
    There's nothing a guitar techer can teach you that you can't teach yourself, all the scales and chord directions are on the internet. Other than that, it comes naturally. :thumb:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    There's nothing a guitar techer can teach you that you can't teach yourself, all the scales and chord directions are on the internet. Other than that, it comes naturally. :thumb:

:yes:

It would probably be cheaper to ask a friend to help you out.
  • Options
    Teach yourself. You will be a much more imaginative and natural player for it in the end.....
  • Options
    Ive been teaching myself for 7 years, havent had one lesson. If you want to get into the hard out good stuff you'd have to be a really good learner or then get a teacher.

Ultimate-guitar.com is good once you start getting used playing. When looking for songs, you scan over the chord and it shows you how to play it. Pretty cool :)

Practise is key. I woulda been better earlier if I practised more. The hardest things when starting are picking up the strum and changing chords quick enough, but its alllllll good.

I suggest when you get better, if you dont mind Green Day, learn how to play Good Riddance via picking and you'll be sweet :) Its a good practise reading TABS and picking song.

Any more help/info just ask :)
  • Options
    Get some books by troy stetina. :thumb: Dont let the metal title put you off though,all the theory in his books works for all styles.
    Plus,get a metronome and watch a video of someone playing as it really helped me to strum properly. :yes:
    I think its a lot better teaching myself as Im creating my own playing style from scratch and not trying to learn what works for the teacher........