Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Quick Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just taken some RAM out of one computer to put into another one (identical computers) and it doesn't seem to go in. Am I just not pressing hard enough or what? I assume it goes in the same way as the one that's already in there since the writing on the slots is the same way up. I had the same problem doing this with my own computer, but this time it's not mine. I don't really wanna break anything. Help ASAP.

128mb DIMM by the way.

I've just tried putting the bastard thing back in the old slot and I can't do that either. The little things at the side are all the way open.

Comments

• Options
    Normally RAM are made so yu can't put them the wrong way around.. some need to be push hard to get in tho... also make sure the little white thingy of each end of the slot are in unlock position... sometimes RAM can get a bit tricky...
  • Options
    Normally RAM are made so yu can't put them the wrong way around.. some need to be push hard to get in tho... also make sure the little white thingy of each end of the slot are in unlock position... sometimes RAM can get a bit tricky...
    So you reckon just push harder? It's hurting my fingers a bit. I don't wanna break it.
  • Options
    Cheers. I managed it. Just needed a bit of reassurance before pushing as hard as I can on some really expensive equipment (a £40 computer :D).
  • Options
    Cheers. I managed it. Just needed a bit of reassurance before pushing as hard as I can on some really expensive equipment (a £40 computer :D).

Cool, glad it went in without anyone getting hurts :D
  • Options
    Did a good job of shitting me up when it came on though. I'd left something on the keyboard, and after about two seconds it started to beep really loudly. Damn built-in speakers. :grump:

Now to see if it's actually made a difference.

Edit: It hasn't. :grump:
  • Options
    Did a good job of shitting me up when it came on though. I'd left something on the keyboard, and after about two seconds it started to beep really loudly. Damn built-in speakers. :grump:

:lol: classic the keyboard thingy...