Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Car sales people

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Why do you hardly ever see female car sales peoples?

And why are the male ones always rude, arrogant and extremely annoying?

I don't like buying cars no more :no:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Women are too cool to be car salesmen.
  • Options
    The women are too busy running the place! :yes:
  • Options
    Sharry21 wrote:
    The women are too busy running the place! :yes:

Teeheehee, such truth.

I think the reason is that a lot of women (by no means all, I know a few who disprove this point) would hate - or at least feel uncomfortable in - such an aggressive sales role. Not to say some women don't thrive in such circumstances; but I don't think it comes naturally to many of us... whereas a lot of men either have that god-given "talent" (which I don't necessarily believe is a good thing). There's a lot of target-hitting, wheeling and dealing etc to be done and it certainly doesn't appeal to me, anyway.

Edited to add: I actually think that if women became more comfortable in environments like car sales they may well be more successful at it - far better at persuasion, customer rapport etc in many cases. Unlike the car salesmen I've come across who either batter you with scary car-talk :p or are practically on their knees begging you to buy.

Women are obviously fabulous business people though, look at The Apprentice (Ruth to win!) :p;)
  • Options
    Because women dont have a clue about cars? :D

*runs and hides*
  • Options
    I reckon i could sell a couple of motors ya know. Switch on the ol' charm and watch the money flow :p

Really though it was dreadful. All these lairy blokes in loud suits, then all these fat, drab women scuttling around the back of the showroom. I suspect the admin staff. Funnily enough the lights were dimmer at that end.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Why do you hardly ever see female car sales peoples?

And why are the male ones always rude, arrogant and extremely annoying?

I don't like buying cars no more :no:
    because they know more about what they're doing than the person they're selling to. I'll bet that if you were an car expert they wouldn't give ya any trouble.

Oh man, I wonder what would happen if you just told em "sorry, I don't buy cars of arrogant dicks" and just walked away.
  • Options
    Ruth of The Apprentice did a pretty good.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I reckon i could sell a couple of motors ya know. Switch on the ol' charm and watch the money flow :p

Hmm.. With your eyes you'd make a fortune selling cars!!
  • Options
    There are female car sales people. You see them all the time at car shows draped over the bonnets. And a fine job they do too. I'd buy a car off them.

Love that on the Simpsons:
    "Do you come with the car?"
    "Oh you, he he hee"

"Do you come with the car?"
    "Oh you, he he hee"