Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

P60s

Not sure if this comes under this forum or the work one but ah well.

I've had a request from the Inland Revenue for all my P60's from the last tax year so they can calculate if i need a tax rebate. Now i've had maybe 3 or 4 different jobs in the last year, and my most recent employer has sent me my P60 and it only says i earnt about £200 in the last year, when its more in the region of £10k+.

Does that mean i have to get a P60 from each of my employers? I just thought it was something you got at the end of the tax year and i'm totally confused.

Anyone know?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LacyMay wrote:
    Not sure if this comes under this forum or the work one but ah well.

I've had a request from the Inland Revenue for all my P60's from the last tax year so they can calculate if i need a tax rebate. Now i've had maybe 3 or 4 different jobs in the last year, and my most recent employer has sent me my P60 and it only says i earnt about £200 in the last year, when its more in the region of £10k+.

Does that mean i have to get a P60 from each of my employers? I just thought it was something you got at the end of the tax year and i'm totally confused.

Anyone know?

I know!

You won't get a P60 from the old employers as you were not employed by them at 5th April 2006.

You need to send in the P60 you have from your 5th April employment, and your forms P45 from the other jobs you had during the tax year. If there are any gaps in your employment it will help if you put what you were doing in those gaps (travelling / not working or claiming benefits). Once the IR has a complete picture of your income for the past year then your repayment will be calculated.
  • Options
    I know!

You won't get a P60 from the old employers as you were not employed by them at 5th April 2006.

You need to send in the P60 you have from your 5th April employment, and your forms P45 from the other jobs you had during the tax year. If there are any gaps in your employment it will help if you put what you were doing in those gaps (travelling / not working or claiming benefits). Once the IR has a complete picture of your income for the past year then your repayment will be calculated.

Fuck. What happens if i've lost all my P45s?!
  • Options
    Worst case scenario - the tax office can contact your previous employers but it makes things a hell of a lot slower. Employers can take ages to get back to us as well.

It could be that your P45 information is already complete on the IR's system and all that is really needed is your P60. I think maybe you should ring them and see what information is missing and take it from there.

Theres no point going to previous employers and asking for duplicate P45's as they aren't allowed to issue them. Payslips are no good for repayment purposes either. What you could do, if u need to, is ask your previous employers for a statement of pay / tax & code in their employment - get it on headed paper and signed with their PAYE ref on it.
  • Options
    your last P60 should contain the income from the previous employments.