Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cardiff here we come

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Just thought I'd make a thread to congratulate the Mighty Whites (Leeds :) ) on making the play-off final. Shame about the two sending offs but a trip down to Cardiff is the biggest night Leeds have had since Champions League Semi-final 5 years ago.

COME ON BOYSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    well played, would prefer you lot in there than knob end, altho im not a great fan of either
  • Options
    Anyone being to Cardiff for a final before?? Any information on hotels and travel would be much appreciated
  • Options
    BBBloodBBBlood Deactivated Posts: 18 Settling in
    Going to Cardiff this Saturday to watch the Irons thrash Liverpool. Good luck Leeds they deserve to be back in the top flight.
  • Options
    Yeah, Leeds are one of those teams that should be in the top flight. Then all we need is Coventry, Sheff Wed and Notts Forest back there.
  • Options
    well done leeds, enjoy the day out but don't get use to it, its trips down to Southend, Colchester and luton for you next season.

watford 2 - 1 leeds

king, king, hulse
  • Options
    i think thats a good prediction, cant see watford slipping up and personally i'd like to see them go up.
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    well done leeds, enjoy the day out but don't get use to it, its trips down to Southend, Colchester and luton for you next season.

watford 2 - 1 leeds

king, king, hulse
    Thats exactly what it is - a good day out. If Leeds lose I will drink myself stupid to hide the pain, if they win I will drink myself stupid to celebrate.
  • Options
    BBBlood wrote:
    Going to Cardiff this Saturday to watch the Irons thrash Liverpool. Good luck Leeds they deserve to be back in the top flight.
    Where abouts are you staying??

Just spoke to a Hudds Town mate who went down last year for the final and they stayed in Newport which is a bit of a distance away from ground but they had a good night out there still, so might get a hotel there if I have to.
  • Options
    BBBloodBBBlood Deactivated Posts: 18 Settling in
    Ahh, no hotel I'm going down on the day via Train from London and coming home the same day. Real early start for me. It'll be worth it.
  • Options
    BBBlood wrote:

You can dream!!
    We'll win for sho, first half will be tight, 1:1 and then Gerrard will score 2 goals and it'll finish 3:1.

Come on 'pool!!!

As for the 21st, I reckon the Hornet boyz got it in the bag.
    Also, for travel, I suggest driving there...it's awesome.
  • Options
    hardly speaks mountains of wisdom if you go from champ league semis, to trying to get promoted to premiership in just 5 years
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    As for the 21st, I reckon the Hornet boyz got it in the bag.
    Also, for travel, I suggest driving there...it's awesome.
    I think on recent results Watford are definately the favourites but they haven't beaten us this season, we won at Elland Road and drew at their place so I reckon we have a great chance of getting back into the Premier.

I would drive down but my car's MOT just run out, I need 4 new tyres (1 which has had a screw in it for about 3 months) and 1 of my wheel bearings has gone so it makes a loud droaning sound, so safer to go on the train me thinks.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    hardly speaks mountains of wisdom if you go from champ league semis, to trying to get promoted to premiership in just 5 years
    Tell me something every Leeds fan AND every person who follows football doesn't know. Ridsdale went for the dream, put all his eggs (and all Leeds money) into one basket and failed miserably.

I'd rather be in a Play-off final than there not be a Leeds United, which we were weeks, maybe even days away from hadn't Ken Bates come in.

Gives us all something to cheer about for a change. If we don't make the Premiership this year its still being a good season for us and Kevin Blackwell has built up quite a solid team which I believe next year should be looking for automatic promotion and I think its very possible.

Saying that though WE WILL WIN in Cardiff :p
  • Options
    I think on recent results Watford are definately the favourites but they haven't beaten us this season, we won at Elland Road and drew at their place so I reckon we have a great chance of getting back into the Premier.

as we proved against palace, previous matches count for nothing in the playoffs, as we lost both matches against palace during the season (partly down to Andy Johnson and his cheating)

I would imagine most of the country will be behind Watford for this game, lets hope we do the premiership a favour and grace them with our presence
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    as we proved against palace, previous matches count for nothing in the playoffs, as we lost both matches against palace during the season (partly down to Andy Johnson and his cheating)

I would imagine most of the country will be behind Watford for this game, lets hope we do the premiership a favour and grace them with our presence
    Didn't see the games but apparently the 3-0 scoreline was very flattering and Palace didn't deserve to lose by so much, if lose at all, but like I say this is from other peoples mouths cos I didn't watch the game.
    And then 0-0 at home with them, although the job was already done so being tight in defence was obviously the key to getting to the final.

I don't think either side is really better than the other and its a 1-off game which I believe could go either way.
  • Options
    I've stayed in Swansea a couple of the times I've been down, about 50 minutes on the train and they're regular, every hour I think. The hotels don't put the prices up for the football and there are plenty of places to drink. Also found the locals very friendly down there.

I've missed the rivalry, would like to see you back. Plus its an easy 6 points next season. :)
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    I've missed the rivalry, would like to see you back. Plus its an easy 6 points next season. :)
    6 points maybe, easy never :p
  • Options
    Here's crossing all my appendages that Watford thrash the living daylights out of the white shite.

They "belong" in the Premiershit? Why, exactly? By that reckoning so do the TBs, cuz they were a "big club" once too.

And it really really pains me to be cheering on Elton's girls, you know.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Carrrrrrdiff Cardiff Cardiff

Leeds United Are Off To Cardiff

There'll Be Thousands Of Whites

On Piss Up All Night

Coz Leeds United Are Off To Carrrdiff!
  • Options
    Come on Watford.
  • Options
    id quite like to see leeds go up

so they can go back down again :)
  • Options
    Fuck that, the cheating shites. That ref was bent against Preston, make no mistake about it- sod having two sent off, the dirty shite from east of Pudsey should have had the whole lot sent off.

Oh, and Preston's goal at 0-0 should have stood.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    id quite like to see leeds go up

so they can go back down again :)

LOL

I'd like Leeds to go up just to p!ss a friend off...